Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Republicans weak on the economy

jonboy - There's only one thing worse than tax-and-spend - that's tax-cut-and-spend!

We are $9.6 trillion in debt because of the irresponsible tax-cut-and-spend policies of this and previous Republican administrations. If-and-when this current bill passes, we will be well over $10 Trillion in debt.

Slimeball Bill Clinton was the ONLY president to show fiscal responsibility to balance the budget. Is it just a coincidence that the best economic times this country ever had was under the Clinton administration?
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So you obviously agree that if a recession starts during his presidency, it is not his fault. You would obviously say that this economic downturn is NO SHORTER then 5 years coming. So then you MUST note that the president in control at the time of a recession is NOT a direct coorelation?

Let's keep the partisan politics out of this, and simply not the facts. You drew a conclusion that was NOT able to be drawn. There is no direct coorelation, just admit it.

We can argue what works and what doesn't forever, but there is no arguing that the coorelation you tried to draw was senseless. Teh current crisis is all the proof you need.

One needs only look at our lovely state of MD to see that the Dem Strategy of Tax the SHIT out of EVERYONE doesn't work either. That was an instant gratification answer.

I think it's safe to say that no one has a freaking clue what will really work in the long run, besides cutting spending by a LOT, and that will never happen.
    I believe a recession has already started. I'm in the construction business... That's where ALL recessions start, and believe me, we are dead in the throes of perhaps the worst recession in my lifetime(well, maybe not Carter;s) but it is dire!!!!!... And Obama didn't start it.. The world's lowest IQ leader dubya did!

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Because te G0P c0ngess made Willie d0 it.

Dubya had a GOP Congress for 6 years - just like Clinton!!

:happyanim
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

except that the economy is still growing, so we are NOT in a recession... We will be soon, but we aren't yet... And No I don't think Obama will be the one starting it.