Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,340
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???







  2. #17

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    oh whata joke......boohoo to them....this is pro football 24x7 not human compassion 24x7.....fuck the nfl and the greedy texans ownership...




  3. #18

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    What did we do before cellphones?

    And what did NFL players do before bye weeks?


    The only problem I have is the disruption to the team.And the disadvantage the team has with such an early bye week.

    But in the scale of things that happened with Ike.It's a very small worry.

    The Saints went through a hell of a lot worse scenario with Katrina.
    I think the problem is 30 teams in the NFL won't have their bye week so early to the point of playing so many games in a row. I think a lot of people are upset at the perceived disadvantage it puts us in.

    Its weird that the game may be moved to indy, I read in another PFT report that after the Saints Giants game other NFL teams were pissed at the fact that the Giants got a perceived advantage by having an extra home game then everyone else.




  4. #19

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    They play Indy twice because they are in the same division. They will just switch the locations of the two games.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,476

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    I am going to leave the personal stuff out of this and stick to the facts -- maybe my example will rub off on you.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    You want facts??

    The fact remains that damn near everybody in the entire fucking country with a TV or some access to any type of media outlet (other then you, Goddell and several thousand idiots in Galveston) at all knew Texas (in particular the Houston area) was about to get mother natures foot put squarely up the ass of that area.
    Wrong. Flat out wrong.

    Galeston yes got butt fucked without lube. ALL the media outlets were calling for that. No debate from me there. Houston was quite another story. Houston is getting blow back from the Galveston headlines. 120,000 cutomers a day are getting power back. Water is already restored in pretty much all of the city. The major roads are passable. Astros will play to a good size crowd in a few hours. Had the roof held up like it was supposed to, the Ravens would be playing and we would have no beef.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    You were insistant that if Reliant stadium didn't withstand damage the game would be played. You were even willing to bet $$ on it. The entire time people were trying to tell you there was no way it would happen regardless of the stadium due to the catastrophic(sp?) nature that this storm would have on the area. You came on here with complete disregard to everything people were saying about the damage around the area, the flooding, lack of electricity, authority priority over a football game, inability for people to get to the game, etc., etc., etc..You basically came off and said (not directly, but definitely made the point) that everyone not actually living in that area was clueless and didn't know what the fuck we were talking about.
    See my above comments about how the city is already making huge steps in getting to where they should be.

    Since when do posters on a message board know more about the integrity of a stadium then the county that owns them or the people that built them? Every citizen of Maryland could be saying the same thing -- doesnt make it right.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Lemme just say that I'm glad you and your family are OK, and hopefully didn't take on severe damage and heartache by this storm, and hopefully this storm and experience blew in a little bit of common sense which you seem to be severely lacking.
    Thank you ... I mean that .... Yes, I come across brash and maybe I am feeling the effects of all of this. But I aint changin'.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    You wanted the facts, you got 'em!!
    No. What I got was a diatribe of your personal feelings. But that's fine.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Astros will play to a good size crowd in a few hours.
    For once we agree, should be a pretty good crowd for the game.
    Last I heard, a hurricane hadn't hit freakin Milwaukee

    You just keep on posting away your vast hollier then thou knowledge on everything that's everything there Houston.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,476

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    ok, now I have egg on my face.

    Last we checked, that game was on for Minute Maid. The Girlfriends parents were even talking about it this morning over breakfast.

    Foot is definitely in mouth now.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #23

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Foot is definitely in mouth now.
    A shut mouth never gathers a foot.

    I was driving to the Cal/MD game yesterday morning and saw a sign that read that.

    PP




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Reisterstown, Md
    Posts
    717

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net


    I e-mailed him to express my displeasure with his decision making process and the way he and Bob McNair expected police and public works workers to work the game after enduring the storm and that I expected better from the NFL. New Orleans moved the team and family's to Indy to escape Gus, McNair was too fing cheap.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,476

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    A shut mouth never gathers a foot.

    I was driving to the Cal/MD game yesterday morning and saw a sign that read that.

    PP
    ah, touche!

    In my modest defense, the communications here are not all that great at the moment. My girls parents have season tickets and they had no clue either.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #26

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    There are two sides to every coin....

    On one hand I feel bitter and annoyed at the way the NFL and the Texans have handled this situation. It would have been easy to move the game to another stadium had the decision been made early enough.

    That being said. The main thing here is that a hurricane has just hit Houston and done a fair bit of damaged. Yes, it sucks that we have been shafted, it sucks big massive donkey balls. But maybe this isn't the time to be complaining. Weighing it up here:

    Some dead, wounded and injured, homes destroyed, lives ruined v Our players, who get paid very favourably losing a bye week.

    I'm bitter, I feel like the NFL has screwed us over but there are more important things in life than football.




  12. #27

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    I am amazed that this is an issue. Peoples Livelihoods are in ruins. People have died in a terrible storm. People are sitting here complaining that the NFL screwed the city of Baltimore by postponing a game.

    I understand the passion of Ravens football, but a game is secondary to families who have seen their world destroyed. The Ravens will go on to play out their season. Families in the Houston area will go on to try to rebuild their lives and to bury their dead.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!




  13. #28

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    Most posts has been respectful of Houston (the city, not the person) and its people, Dave. I can think of one or two that came across otherwise (Ooooh, my vacation dollars, DAMN that hurricane and DAMN that NFL!) but most, like Fanatic's, are compassionate.

    This is a Ravens board, and there is a reasonable case to be made that, as a result of this natural disaster, the Ravens got screwed. I am inclined to agree with DF's blog at WNST.net, which is a different position, but it's not an easy call and when I come to this board I expect to find a healthy discussion about the subject.

    Also, Fanatic, your low road isn't very low.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  14. #29

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    I am amazed that this is an issue. Peoples Livelihoods are in ruins. People have died in a terrible storm. People are sitting here complaining that the NFL screwed the city of Baltimore by postponing a game.

    I understand the passion of Ravens football, but a game is secondary to families who have seen their world destroyed. The Ravens will go on to play out their season. Families in the Houston area will go on to try to rebuild their lives and to bury their dead.
    i am amazed by the basis of your argument, it's an apples to oranges thing.

    Does the NFL clean up after hurricanes?

    NO, that's FEMA.

    Does the NFL keep the peace in the event of a natural disaster?

    NO, that's the national guard.

    saying that we should have a heart for those poor people in that area is a true statement and has not one single thing to do with the NFL's unprecedented decision to juggle schedules.

    The real question should be "how can the Texan's owner and the NFL only be concerned about money from a home game during such a time?"

    That's the truth of the argument, out of pure greed at a time of desperate need this action was taken.

    Do not be disgusted by Ravens fans who don't understand why our team should pay a price for this, be disgusted by the Texans greed and the NFL's staggering loss of judgment.

    If the Texans organization or team are so concerned they don't want to travel to play at a neutral site they can forfeit the game, but they didn't do that.

    No in this one the Ravens got screwed, the people of Houston are suffering, but the NFL and the Texans will make a lot of money!

    Something is wrong with this picture but it is not the outrage by the Ravens fans, it's your misdirected criticism.




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: Best way to contact NFL???

    Quote Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
    i am amazed by the basis of your argument, it's an apples to oranges thing.

    Does the NFL clean up after hurricanes?

    NO, that's FEMA.

    Does the NFL keep the peace in the event of a natural disaster?

    NO, that's the national guard.

    saying that we should have a heart for those poor people in that area is a true statement and has not one single thing to do with the NFL's unprecedented decision to juggle schedules.

    The real question should be "how can the Texan's owner and the NFL only be concerned about money from a home game during such a time?"

    That's the truth of the argument, out of pure greed at a time of desperate need this action was taken.

    Do not be disgusted by Ravens fans who don't understand why our team should pay a price for this, be disgusted by the Texans greed and the NFL's staggering loss of judgment.

    If the Texans organization or team are so concerned they don't want to travel to play at a neutral site they can forfeit the game, but they didn't do that.

    No in this one the Ravens got screwed, the people of Houston are suffering, but the NFL and the Texans will make a lot of money!

    Something is wrong with this picture but it is not the outrage by the Ravens fans, it's your misdirected criticism.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland