Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best way to contact NFL???

OK, we all know our Ravens are getting treated like a $3 Lithuanian transvestite hooker, so let's complain to the NFL. So does anyone really know a way to do that...successfully?? By successful I mean, a way that the powers that be might actually read the e-mail. I'm sure Roge doesn't personally read e-mails and letters, but is there a way to make sure the NFL knows they screwed up?? Personally, I think a visit to NFL headquarters with an UZI would be effective, but somewhat....shall we say...excessive. Let's get this ball rolling and complain where it needs to be complained to. If there is an e-mail or physical address, let's get it out at every home game, the news papers, the blogs, everywhere. Hell, let's get it out to Houston fans also. While they're not quite as screwed as us...they still get the luxury of a week 2 bye.

I'm not saying this will do any good....let's face it, what's done is done, but let's try and make the NFL realize that they do not walk on water, that they do make mistakes. Stand up Baltimore and unite!!! Vivia la revolucion'!!!!!
    VIVA LA RAVENS!!!!!!!!!

p.s. sorry...forgot my meds this morning:D
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

Re: Best way to contact NFL???

I will pass on this one. Yes, I am ticked off at the choice to postpone the game, but I am sure the Houston Texans players, coaches, staff, who lost homes and apartments, and who have displaced families and friends etc. are thankful for the date change.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

im in RVNFAN not to sure how we could get our point accross with the right meaning.it could and will come back on the city of baltimore about how hearless we are but oh welli get called heartless all the time and besides its not about what happened in texas its about how the NFL F'd up

Embarasing.

Reminds me of Red Sox fans and the curse. Even worse, there are millions without power, countless dead and people are looking to stick it to the league about movement of a football game.

Yes, I am pissed we dont have a true bye week. But my eyes AND heart are working and at the end of the day, it's just a game. For those who now say our "season is screwed", did you really think we were heading to the playoffs anyway? I can count one finger the number of people (JW) on these boards that actually thought we had a shot at the playoffs.

It's better to remain quiet and appear stupid then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Embarasing.

Reminds me of Red Sox fans and the curse. Even worse, there are millions without power, countless dead and people are looking to stick it to the league about movement of a football game.
    This coming from a guy that was insistant that Houston itself wasn't in that bad of shape, and was willing to bet the game would be played on Monday Night because the stadium would be able to withstand the Hurricane.

It's better to remain quiet and appear stupid then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    Pot kettle, kettle pot!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    This coming from a guy that was insistant that Houston itself wasn't in that bad of shape, and was willing to bet the game would be played on Monday Night because the stadium would be able to withstand the Hurricane.
    Instead of mocking, maybe you can actually add some facts to the debate?

Intersting that a moderator likes to take the low road all the time.

The stadium was supposed to handle it. It was all over the news here. Representatives from HOK sport and Harris County were drilling it in everyones heads.

Minute Maid did just fine and the entire side of left field is nothing but a glass wall. The panel material in Minute Maid are the exact same material as those sitting on the 50 yard line of Reliant.

Your turn. How about facts this time?

[QUOTE=HoustonRaven;96035]Embarasing.

/QUOTE]

Houston: You're missing the point entirely. Yes, what happened to people in that region is a tragedy. You certainly can't change the weather. Disasters happen, and lives are lost and disrupted. However, we're not talking about damage from a tornado or earthquake. You know, those disasters that happen with little or no advance warning. This was a major hurricane that had been bearing down on the Galveston/Houston area for days. There was plenty of time to make a decision involving this game. The NFL decided to wait until the last possible minute to make a decision, and that decision was moronic. You are one of the few people who thought that Reliant Stadium would be ok on Monday night. Everyone else was pretty sure that there would either be damage to the stadium, no power, or too much destruction in the Houston area to make it feasible to have a football game. You, and Goodell.

This whole situation could've been avoided if the NFL would have made the right choice days ago and moved the game out of the path of the storm. You seem to want to pin the blame on local politicians because they told the NFL everything would be peachy. If the NFL had any balls at all, they would ignore what local politicians say and just use good common sense. They failed to do that, so the blame is entirely on them.

Please. The ONLY folks that were convinced the stadium would have damage were people that were posting on these boards a very few football pundits (Mike Florio and others). You all have Preston and the posters here on your side; I have Peter Schmuck, the league, the firm that built the stadium, et all. Minute Maid is sitting pretty and the Astros are playing today. Did the MLB take a gamble then? NO. They did the exact same thing the NFL did -- listened to the people on the ground and made the best decision possible.

ok, really this time ... no mas ... clearly, on these boards anyway, I am in the minority.

9. Re: Best way to contact NFL???

This is another screw-up by the NFL! This situation could have been totally avoided but instead it turned into a logistical nightmare because of bad planning and not relying on multiple weather reports! Both teams now get royally screwed with this so called week 2 Bye. This isn't/won't even be a bye week because both teams practiced all week and have to get right back at it starting on Wednesday.

My thoughts go out to Houston and the surrounding areas affected by the storm! My anger is directed towards the poor planning by the NFL.

In addition, "Both teams play the Raiders later in the season. The Ravens play them at home and the Texans on the road. If the NFL had simply switched the venues of those 2 dates, everything would have worked out, with minimal disruption to the schedule. Everyone would have had 8 home and road games, nobody's bye would have to be moved, and Oakland would have until week 8 to deal with any minor issues that this may have caused them."

Really shows you how well NFL executives thought about alternatives!

http://www.wnst.net /WNSTBaltimoreSports Radio/tabid/36/Entry ID/6256/Default.aspx

houston i respect you still keep coming back with opinions.but to make the comment "It's better to remain quiet and appear stupid then to open your mouth and remove all doubt." no need to go that far.

you are making the comment about the astros playing well baseball is a little different you can play a doubleheader on any open date.(im sure you know this)and there is alot more open dates then in the NFL.

the point is the game should have been moved.BOTTOM LINE!!!!and i mean to another venue

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Instead of mocking, maybe you can actually add some facts to the debate?

Intersting that a moderator likes to take the low road all the time.

Your turn. How about facts this time?
    Dude, if I was taking the low road here, I'd come right out and tell you what I really think of you.
    I can assure you that many on here right now that have read your posts on here, as well as know me personally are thinking the exact same thing as I am, and know that I am biting my tongue to avoid taking the low road.

I'm mainly doing so because I am a moderator, and chose to try and throw out subtle hints hoping you would get it, as many on here have gotten it over the past couple days.

You can tell they've gotten it by the way they respond to you after you make a post.
    At least anybody with an ounce of common sense can pick it up.

I've actually come on here and tried to steer folks away from attacking you stating there might be some hope for you. (see the thread where you wanted to buy folks some drinks)

You know it's a real shame that the city where you live just got its ass kicked by a natural disaster, but your personality on here hasn't changed one little bit regardless of how people respond to you, how many hints they throw, or in some cases just flat out call you out as what they perceive you to be.

You want facts??

The fact remains that damn near everybody in the entire fucking country with a TV or some access to any type of media outlet (other then you, Goddell and several thousand idiots in Galveston) at all knew Texas (in particular the Houston area) was about to get mother natures foot put squarely up the ass of that area.

You were insistant that if Reliant stadium didn't withstand damage the game would be played.
    You were even willing to bet $$ on it.
    The entire time people were trying to tell you there was no way it would happen regardless of the stadium due to the catastrophic(sp?) nature that this storm would have on the area.

You came on here with complete disregard to everything people were saying about the damage around the area, the flooding, lack of electricity, authority priority over a football game, inability for people to get to the game, etc., etc., etc..
    You basically came off and said (not directly, but definitely made the point) that everyone not actually living in that area was clueless and didn't know what the fuck we were talking about.

One guy comes on here with some idea that I think most on here find foolish, and you want to start calling him out for his disregard for the exact same thing you seemed to disregard when everybody and their mother on here was trying to tell you.

Lemme just say that I'm glad you and your family are OK, and hopefully didn't take on severe damage and heartache by this storm, and hopefully this storm and experience blew in a little bit of common sense which you seem to be severely lacking.

I personally think you ought to step away from the computer until you find a way to come on here without coming off as a pompous jackass that thinks you know more about everything then everybody else regardless of what everybodys opinion and backround is.

You wanted the facts, you got 'em!!:girlfight

Now you can say I took the low road!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    .....besides its not about what happened in texas its about how the NFL F'd up
    Thankfully someone gets what I was trying to say. Yes, in hindsight, the idea does seem kind of foolish. I am in no way shape or form trying to downplay the situation in TX. What I think the NFL should realize is that the way they handled it in the first place was wrong. Again, hindsight is 20/20. (Course my wife says I have my head up my ass, so for me, hindsight comes naturally:D )

All that being said, I do take some offense to being labeled as "embarrassing." That would be the case if I lobbied for some sort of protest at the games, or promoted the idea of trying to organize a movement to usurp the throne of King Goddell over this situation. I was simply asking the best way to pass along my feelings to the NFL that they need a better plan when it comes to localized game day disruptions. To me, it would take 1 or 2 people all of a day or two to come up with viable alternatives to the schedule. Should it be written in stone and sent down from the mountaintop?? NO!! Should the NFL, as vast, and as profitable, as any entertainment organization in the world, have a plan 'B' for their games...especially in this day and age? Yep...at least in my opinion. Which is where most people find my head anyway, which brings us back to hindsight again.
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX