Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Best way to contact NFL???

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Embarasing.

Reminds me of Red Sox fans and the curse. Even worse, there are millions without power, countless dead and people are looking to stick it to the league about movement of a football game.

Yes, I am pissed we dont have a true bye week. But my eyes AND heart are working and at the end of the day, it's just a game. For those who now say our "season is screwed", did you really think we were heading to the playoffs anyway? I can count one finger the number of people (JW) on these boards that actually thought we had a shot at the playoffs.

It's better to remain quiet and appear stupid then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    I have to admit that I was upset about the league's decision but after reading the accounts and watching the news the game does not matter. God Bless the people on the Texas coast and lets take the season as it was meant to be, one game at a time. As for the playoffs, let's just see how the team progresses. I hope you and yours are safe, Houston Raven.....Take care.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

If we were in the place of the Houston fans we would probably have been pissed if the game had been moved.

The NFL hoped they could slip the game in on Monday and lost. It is what it is™, time to move on.

And for another Billickism: "Nothing disturbs me more than feeling sorry for yourself."™

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

What did we do before cellphones?

And what did NFL players do before bye weeks?

The only problem I have is the disruption to the team.And the disadvantage the team has with such an early bye week.

But in the scale of things that happened with Ike.It's a very small worry.

The Saints went through a hell of a lot worse scenario with Katrina.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    oh whata joke......boohoo to them....this is pro football 24x7 not human compassion 24x7.....fuck the nfl and the greedy texans ownership...

What did we do before cellphones?

And what did NFL players do before bye weeks?

The only problem I have is the disruption to the team.And the disadvantage the team has with such an early bye week.

But in the scale of things that happened with Ike.It's a very small worry.

The Saints went through a hell of a lot worse scenario with Katrina.
    I think the problem is 30 teams in the NFL won't have their bye week so early to the point of playing so many games in a row. I think a lot of people are upset at the perceived disadvantage it puts us in.

Its weird that the game may be moved to indy, I read in another PFT report that after the Saints Giants game other NFL teams were pissed at the fact that the Giants got a perceived advantage by having an extra home game then everyone else.

They play Indy twice because they are in the same division. They will just switch the locations of the two games.

I am going to leave the personal stuff out of this and stick to the facts -- maybe my example will rub off on you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    You want facts??

The fact remains that damn near everybody in the entire fucking country with a TV or some access to any type of media outlet (other then you, Goddell and several thousand idiots in Galveston) at all knew Texas (in particular the Houston area) was about to get mother natures foot put squarely up the ass of that area.
    Wrong. Flat out wrong.

Galeston yes got butt fucked without lube. ALL the media outlets were calling for that. No debate from me there. Houston was quite another story. Houston is getting blow back from the Galveston headlines. 120,000 cutomers a day are getting power back. Water is already restored in pretty much all of the city. The major roads are passable. Astros will play to a good size crowd in a few hours. Had the roof held up like it was supposed to, the Ravens would be playing and we would have no beef.

You were insistant that if Reliant stadium didn't withstand damage the game would be played. You were even willing to bet $$ on it. The entire time people were trying to tell you there was no way it would happen regardless of the stadium due to the catastrophic(sp?) nature that this storm would have on the area. You came on here with complete disregard to everything people were saying about the damage around the area, the flooding, lack of electricity, authority priority over a football game, inability for people to get to the game, etc., etc., etc..You basically came off and said (not directly, but definitely made the point) that everyone not actually living in that area was clueless and didn't know what the fuck we were talking about.
    See my above comments about how the city is already making huge steps in getting to where they should be.

Since when do posters on a message board know more about the integrity of a stadium then the county that owns them or the people that built them? Every citizen of Maryland could be saying the same thing -- doesnt make it right.

Lemme just say that I'm glad you and your family are OK, and hopefully didn't take on severe damage and heartache by this storm, and hopefully this storm and experience blew in a little bit of common sense which you seem to be severely lacking.
    Thank you ... I mean that .... Yes, I come across brash and maybe I am feeling the effects of all of this. But I aint changin'. ;)

You wanted the facts, you got 'em!!
    No. What I got was a diatribe of your personal feelings. But that's fine.

Astros will play to a good size crowd in a few hours.
    For once we agree, should be a pretty good crowd for the game.
    Last I heard, a hurricane hadn't hit freakin Milwaukee

You just keep on posting away your vast hollier then thou knowledge on everything that's everything there Houston.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

ok, now I have egg on my face.

Last we checked, that game was on for Minute Maid. The Girlfriends parents were even talking about it this morning over breakfast.

Foot is definitely in mouth now.

Foot is definitely in mouth now.
    A shut mouth never gathers a foot.

I was driving to the Cal/MD game yesterday morning and saw a sign that read that.

PP

Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net

I e-mailed him to express my displeasure with his decision making process and the way he and Bob McNair expected police and public works workers to work the game after enduring the storm and that I expected better from the NFL. New Orleans moved the team and family's to Indy to escape Gus, McNair was too fing cheap.