Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Best way to contact NFL???

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    A shut mouth never gathers a foot.

I was driving to the Cal/MD game yesterday morning and saw a sign that read that.

PP
    ah, touche! :)

In my modest defense, the communications here are not all that great at the moment. My girls parents have season tickets and they had no clue either.

2. Re: Best way to contact NFL???

There are two sides to every coin....

On one hand I feel bitter and annoyed at the way the NFL and the Texans have handled this situation. It would have been easy to move the game to another stadium had the decision been made early enough.

That being said. The main thing here is that a hurricane has just hit Houston and done a fair bit of damaged. Yes, it sucks that we have been shafted, it sucks big massive donkey balls. But maybe this isn't the time to be complaining. Weighing it up here:

Some dead, wounded and injured, homes destroyed, lives ruined v Our players, who get paid very favourably losing a bye week.

I'm bitter, I feel like the NFL has screwed us over but there are more important things in life than football.

I am amazed that this is an issue. Peoples Livelihoods are in ruins. People have died in a terrible storm. People are sitting here complaining that the NFL screwed the city of Baltimore by postponing a game.

I understand the passion of Ravens football, but a game is secondary to families who have seen their world destroyed. The Ravens will go on to play out their season. Families in the Houston area will go on to try to rebuild their lives and to bury their dead.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Most posts has been respectful of Houston (the city, not the person) and its people, Dave. I can think of one or two that came across otherwise (Ooooh, my vacation dollars, DAMN that hurricane and DAMN that NFL!) but most, like Fanatic's, are compassionate.

This is a Ravens board, and there is a reasonable case to be made that, as a result of this natural disaster, the Ravens got screwed. I am inclined to agree with DF's blog at WNST.net, which is a different position, but it's not an easy call and when I come to this board I expect to find a healthy discussion about the subject.

Also, Fanatic, your low road isn't very low. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    I am amazed that this is an issue. Peoples Livelihoods are in ruins. People have died in a terrible storm. People are sitting here complaining that the NFL screwed the city of Baltimore by postponing a game.

I understand the passion of Ravens football, but a game is secondary to families who have seen their world destroyed. The Ravens will go on to play out their season. Families in the Houston area will go on to try to rebuild their lives and to bury their dead.
    i am amazed by the basis of your argument, it's an apples to oranges thing.

Does the NFL clean up after hurricanes?

NO, that's FEMA.

Does the NFL keep the peace in the event of a natural disaster?

NO, that's the national guard.

saying that we should have a heart for those poor people in that area is a true statement and has not one single thing to do with the NFL's unprecedented decision to juggle schedules.

The real question should be "how can the Texan's owner and the NFL only be concerned about money from a home game during such a time?"

That's the truth of the argument, out of pure greed at a time of desperate need this action was taken.

Do not be disgusted by Ravens fans who don't understand why our team should pay a price for this, be disgusted by the Texans greed and the NFL's staggering loss of judgment.

If the Texans organization or team are so concerned they don't want to travel to play at a neutral site they can forfeit the game, but they didn't do that.

No in this one the Ravens got screwed, the people of Houston are suffering, but the NFL and the Texans will make a lot of money!

Something is wrong with this picture but it is not the outrage by the Ravens fans, it's your misdirected criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
    i am amazed by the basis of your argument, it's an apples to oranges thing.

Does the NFL clean up after hurricanes?

NO, that's FEMA.

Does the NFL keep the peace in the event of a natural disaster?

NO, that's the national guard.

saying that we should have a heart for those poor people in that area is a true statement and has not one single thing to do with the NFL's unprecedented decision to juggle schedules.

The real question should be "how can the Texan's owner and the NFL only be concerned about money from a home game during such a time?"

That's the truth of the argument, out of pure greed at a time of desperate need this action was taken.

Do not be disgusted by Ravens fans who don't understand why our team should pay a price for this, be disgusted by the Texans greed and the NFL's staggering loss of judgment.

If the Texans organization or team are so concerned they don't want to travel to play at a neutral site they can forfeit the game, but they didn't do that.

No in this one the Ravens got screwed, the people of Houston are suffering, but the NFL and the Texans will make a lot of money!

Something is wrong with this picture but it is not the outrage by the Ravens fans, it's your misdirected criticism.
    :word