Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Houston Chronicle Reports

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    It definitely sounds like the NFL is considering playing the game Monday somewhere. There has been no official word except that the game won't be played at Reliant. Other than that, nothing else is official yet.
    The NFL dropped the ball big time on this one....now the Ravens get screwed out of our bye week, when a simple solution was to move this game and work out financial compensation. Once again the NFL screws the Ravens and we just have to grin and bear it.
    Section 517 since 2001!!!! Real fans sit real high!!!![

Most likely Houston gets screwed just as much as the Ravens.

They really should have moved it just in case instead of "hoping" everything would be fine. I really thought the game should have been moved to here on Sunday but the forecast here is 95 degrees and sunny. I am kind of glad that it turned out not to be here.

Not sure why the NFL gets the blame here.

The NFL made a decision based on Harris County politicians telling them that both Reliant and Minute Maid Park would survive a Cat 2 storm. One did, one didnt -- I drove by Reliant and its missing 4 huge roof panels that cover the field. The security dude at the gate said the panels were still sitting on the field and they have no idea how they were going to get them out.

The NFL made the best decision they could have, given the situation. It's the local politicians here that screwed all of us Ravens fans.

Why the hell are the politicians making the decisions? Surely the structural engineers and architects who designed and built the stadium are the ones who best know what this stadium can cope with. Sounds to me like the politicians and local authorities not wanting to lose a home game and the revenue, understandable but not the only consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Why the hell are the politicians making the decisions? Surely the structural engineers and architects who designed and built the stadium are the ones who best know what this stadium can cope with. Sounds to me like the politicians and local authorities not wanting to lose a home game and the revenue, understandable but not the only consideration.
    The stadiums are owned by Harris County, but are managed by a private management group. Given that mess of Gubmint and business people making the decision, it's safe to say we will never know who made the final recommendation to the league.

HOK Sport was the firm that built both stadiums. I am willing to bet if they signed off on one, they signed off on both.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not sure why the NFL gets the blame here.

The NFL made a decision based on Harris County politicians telling them that both Reliant and Minute Maid Park would survive a Cat 2 storm. One did, one didnt -- I drove by Reliant and its missing 4 huge roof panels that cover the field. The security dude at the gate said the panels were still sitting on the field and they have no idea how they were going to get them out.

The NFL made the best decision they could have, given the situation. It's the local politicians here that screwed all of us Ravens fans.

HoustonRaven - The NFL Gets ALL the blame here. People here in Baltimore, some with weather experience, some without, were mostly saying that they didn't think it was a good idea to schedule a game in Reliant so close to a major hurricane event. Too many things could go wrong. Despite what political figures might have said about Reliant, there's always the possibility of power outages and circumstances that aren't agreeable to an NFL game at that time. That's putting it mildly. The size and power of this storm should have thrown up red flags at NFL central, and they should've done anything they could to move this game away from the area. They didn't, and I have a feeling we're gonna get fucked on this one.

Point is, if virtual nobodies like me and others here in Baltimore can see the potential problems nearly 2000 miles away, why can't the NFL? Face it, it was a stupid decision on their part.

coming from someone who is sitting in San Antonio now.....I am hoping for the Alamodome!!!!! This trip has been a disaster!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

wnst just announced the game has bee moved to Nov 9th BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

WNST just sent a text saying it's been moved. I think this move alone sets us up for some bad mojo this season...Having a super early bye week like this will probably be directly responsible for at least one or two players not being able to return from injuries, and leaves us with no time to adjust if things start going wrong.

Complete and total fuckup by the NFL. Inexcusible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    wnst just announced the game has bee moved to Nov 9th BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!
    Ok, I'm fucking pissed now. We lose our bye week, and Houston gets 4 straight home games??? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!

FUCK THE NFL!!! Idiots!!

The Ravens get screwed yet again. How in the world could the NFL think this is a fair move?