Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: A Ravens Mount Rushmore?

Amen.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

2. Re: A Ravens Mount Rushmore?

Ray Ray, J.O., Billick, Stover (the only link from the old to the new, also known as "the offense" for so many years)

Player Edition - R. Lewis, Ogden, Reed, Stover
    Front Office Edition - Modell, Billick, Newsome, Savage

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Ray, J.O., Reed, Flacco
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

5. Re: A Ravens Mount Rushmore?

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Player Edition - R. Lewis, Ogden, Reed, Stover
    Front Office Edition - Modell, Billick, Newsome, Savage

This is who I would have picked!

C Mack is the cornerstone of our defnsive succes as much as Ray or Reed have been. Reed was not on the SB team while McCallister was locking Wrs down like Prime Time. He is sort of like J.O., you never really notice how good he is unless you start thinking about how much his mistakes stand out.

I can only remember C-Mack giving up a bad game or two to Ocho Stinko, and I can only think of Freeny as having more than one sack in a game vs a healthy J.O.. When McCallister holds 10 #1 Wrs including T.O., Moss and Holt to 3-4 catches for 20-50 yards, there is not much said about it the way it is noticed when the Ravens go on a streak of shutting down RBs.

Not much else on defnse can work if you have to double the #1 WR on every play. The Ravens create confusion and big plays on defense by alternating the double teams and rolling the coverage all over the place.

I could imagine a monument that featured Ray Lewis on the right side, a grimacing look on his face, followed by Michael McCrary to his left, with that glare in in eyes that he showed on every down he ever played in the NFL.

The left side would have the towering giant Johnathan Ogden, with that determined look of a champion. And to his left would be the impeccable Matt Stover, holding a finger to the breeze, as if to test the winds before his final field goal.

That monument should be placed beside 295 prior to coming up on M&T Bank Stadium. What a gateway to the city that would be.

Ray Lewis for now, and then faces of the guys who win us our next three Superbowls.