Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. They Should Have Played The Ravens Game in

They should have played the Ravens game in Dallas on Sunday evening..Makes sense to me ...They could've had the Ravens fly into Dallas today and played the game in Texas Stadium being that the Cowboys are playing on Monday Night Football...Dallas is closer to Houston than Atlanta or Baltimore and it would have been a great place for Houston fans to be in the midst of the hurricane...I think the NFL dropped the ball on this one:grbac: ....There is no way the Ravens are going to be able to fly into Houston this weekend or on Monday and play amongst the power outages, floods and mayhem:insane: The storm is still going to be in the flying area Monday...
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 09-12-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Re: They Should Have Played The Ravens Game in

Or San Antonio or New Orleans. But it does not look like Houston will be ready.

3. Re: They Should Have Played The Ravens Game in

Quote Originally Posted by jburns View Post
    Or San Antonio or New Orleans. But it does not look like Houston will be ready.
    Roger Goodell blew this one..Looks like they'll play on another date...The Texans will probably have to swap bye weeks with Cincy... Love that avatar of yours, burns

If they do the date swapping thing I will be pissed, we don't want our bye now. Goodell & the NFL blew this 1. They should have just played in New Orleans Sunday @ 415

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I believe the rationale was, by moving the game to one of these nearby cities the NFL would be taking valuable hotel rooms, power, law enforcement, etc. away from people trying to evacuate flooded areas.

Can't say I fault them for that, but I will surely be angry at losing our bye week.

We would have heard something by now if the NFL was going to move around the bye weeks. The game is going to be played Monday night. Right now it's just a matter of where the game will be played.

Uncertainty reigns... even as Ike rains.

I am NOT a happy camper right now. Mother nature, you owe me!!

I find it funny how the NFL thinks that both of the teams and the broadcasting teams can just fly to where ever they say at a whim. It takes planning for everyone to be able to pull of a game. And it's not like IKE just showed up out of nowhere. It was out at sea and moving toward the Gulf for a few days now and the projections were announced. This game should have been moved days ago and not on Thursday/Friday making the announcement and then saying "well maybe we'll move it again if there is flodding and power outages." IF?? I'm sure there will be both of those and the safety of the fans should be first and foremost. I get the "home field advantage" and ticket sales part of the equation but they blew it by not announcing the move of the game to another location earlier in the week and sticking to it.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

am I wrong but didn't the league say Atlanta was a backup if needed
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    am I wrong but didn't the league say Atlanta was a backup if needed
    Part of the problem of trying to relocate a game this late in the "game" is the cost. There is cost for travel, food, police, air-fare, setup, break down, and who knows what else. Now you're going to put it in a neutral city where you gamble if you will or won't get a crowd to show up besides the teams and associates, and the broadcasting team.

I will be shocked if they play this week. I think that the conference call this afternoon is going to be about rescheduling the schedule.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Quote Originally Posted by OwingsMillsAlex View Post
    Part of the problem of trying to relocate a game this late in the "game" is the cost. There is cost for travel, food, police, air-fare, setup, break down, and who knows what else. Now you're going to put it in a neutral city where you gamble if you will or won't get a crowd to show up besides the teams and associates, and the broadcasting team.

I will be shocked if they play this week. I think that the conference call this afternoon is going to be about rescheduling the schedule.
    I'm with Alex on this one.

If they were going to relocate it, it should have already been done.
    It can still be done I suppose, but it will be at a large cost and lose of revenue for the NFL.
    I doubt the NFL wants to see that happen.

Suppose the Ravens refuse to move their bye week?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Suppose the Ravens refuse to move their bye week?
    I don't believe that would happen. Given the circumstances of the Hurricane and the effect that is having on communities, the refusal of a team change the bye week would be incredibly bad in terms of PR. The NFL have pretty much forced the Texans and Ravens into a corner on this one by not properly planning for this eventuality, and they'll have to take whatever solution is offered.