Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: We Could Lose Pashos In FA

AD played safety for a few plays not like entire games or anything. I love AD and the Ravens of course but I think his playing safety has reached mythological proportions.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

We don't have that much in SALARY committed to JO next year. If he retires we only save the salary and any bonus not counted for gets accelerated into 2007 and 2008. Marcus would know better than I would, but if we win it all I think most of the guys under contract would come back for another shot and then retire.

Next year's cap number isn't the issue with AD, you can structure the deal to put the cap hit off for a year or two. The question is the cap hit down the road.

I think we have a decent shot at keeping AD.

Johnson just isn't as versatile, so its a shame if that plays out because they think he's replaceable.
    I don't think anyone sees AD as replaceable. If anything the team is preparing for the very likely scenario that AD gets one of those humongous 12:01am deals that blows everyone away. With AD making the pro-bowl and the cover of ESPN the Mag he is now a big name to go with his big play. Some team is going to go waaaaay overboard. Great for AD. Bad and Good for us: bad because we lose a great player but good because we aren't the team handing out a cap killer contract to a 30+ linebacker.

4. Re: We Could Lose Pashos In FA

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    I don't think anyone sees AD as replaceable. If anything the team is preparing for the very likely scenario that AD gets one of those humongous 12:01am deals that blows everyone away. With AD making the pro-bowl and the cover of ESPN the Mag he is now a big name to go with his big play. Some team is going to go waaaaay overboard. Great for AD. Bad and Good for us: bad because we lose a great player but good because we aren't the team handing out a cap killer contract to a 30+ linebacker.
    I hate to agree, I really, REALLY do. But let's face it, losing AD isn't anywhere near the end of the world. I love AD, he's one of those "back to the sandlot" players you just can't help but enjoy watching. However, our strength is in our system, front office, and not in any single player. (Sam Adams, Goose, Boulware, Demps, McCrary, just to mention a few) No matter what happened ups and downs we always had a great defense. As long as we keep an eye on productivity and not nameplates, we always will.
    Anyways, merry christmas all!!! And Good luck to Arizona next week!!!

We need to find a way to keep Pashos he has really improved. There will be a lot of hard contracts coming ahead for Ozzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    We need to find a way to keep Pashos he has really improved. There will be a lot of hard contracts coming ahead for Ozzy.

Actually signing Pashos, Mughelli, and Jarrett Johnson should be easy as each have stated they want to stay here. The tough signing is AD, and all signs point to AD being an ex-Raven.:(
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I hope we do not loose him. We basically raised him from a pup. Now he is finally playing up to his potential. We really have only gotten one year of productivity from him. We have been building and growing our young line now for a couple of years. I would hate to see any disruption in that
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens