Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: Ravens Game Rescheduled

Just out of the recent national sensitivity for things of this nature, I don't see the Ravens playing the Texans in Houston Monday Night if anything resembling what is being predicted occurs.

Now what's Goodell's alternate plan?

Still here and still with power ....

The Girlfriend just called. Shes an ER nurse and can see Reliant Stadium from her hospital -- bright as a Christmas tree.

Glad you made it thru OK!! (and the stadium)

glad to see all is well with you houston.keep the updates coming and stay safe.

According to the news, the "worst" is gone (although they are vague on what they actually consider the worst). Everything should gradually get better as the day progresses.

Power is out over 70% of the city, majority of that is on the south and west side of the city -- which are the flood areas.

Brennan's Restaurant -- a weekly spot for me and The Girlfriend -- has burned completely to the ground. This is truly sad and will stay in the headlines here locally for a while.

Don't know, with stuff like this going on around the Houston/Galveston area, not too sure getting in a football game is high on the priority list.

But hey, the stadium and downtown has electric, so what the hell, the 1+ million without will just have to wait a little longer.

"More than 1.3 million customers -- or 2.9 million people -- had lost power, and suppliers warned it could be weeks before all the service was restored. The only parts of Houston with power were downtown and the massive medical center section."

Let's Get Ready To Rumbbbbbllllleeeeee!!!!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

Don't know, with stuff like this going on around the Houston/Galveston area, not too sure getting in a football game is high on the priority list.

But hey, the stadium and downtown has electric, so what the hell, the 1+ million without will just have to wait a little longer.

"More than 1.3 million customers -- or 2.9 million people -- had lost power, and suppliers warned it could be weeks before all the service was restored. The only parts of Houston with power were downtown and the massive medical center section."

Let's Get Ready To Rumbbbbbllllleeeeee!!!!!
    Dont confuse what happened in Galveston as what's going on in Houston.

My family has been seeing those pics and thinking that's going on here. It isnt.

Galveston got :girlfight with this storm but Houston, by and large, has nothing more then regular storm damage to speak of. Just saw pictures on the local news that a construction crane was left to swing in the wind -- looks like a giant 45 story wind needle right now.

Houston pumps are still going so flooding should be down to a minimum come game time.

I don't see the Ravens playing the Texans in Houston Monday Night if anything resembling what is being predicted occurs.
    I don't see it happening either. My Dad told me that he heard on the radio yesterday that the game could be moved to Atlanta.

I'll be really surprised if they did play at Houston on Monday night.
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

This is from a post on the Scout board.

Texans game postponed, damage reported at Reliant

A preliminary assessment showed some damage to Reliant Stadium after Ike passed through.

``We lost about five panels from the stadium (roof), and then some doors were blown off,'' said Edgar Colon, chairman of the Harris County Sports and Convention Corp. By mid-morning, he had not been able to personally visit the site.

``We have not been able to give a visual inspection,'' Colon said. ``This right now is preliminary. We have not done a full inspection.''

He was pleased that Minute Maid Park apparently withstood the storm.
    Monday's Texans game will be postponed

http://blogs.chron.com/hurricanes/20..._damage_r.html
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Updated

The Houston Texas will not be playing their home opener against the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night at Reliant Stadium.

The game was supposed to have been played at 7:30 p.m., but Hurricane Ike has caused damage to the stadium that has made it unsuitable for hosting the game.

"The facility will not be usable," said Shey Guinn, president of SMG, the company that manages Reliant Park.

"There's some structural damage to the roof. Part of it is off," Guinn said.

"There's also some other damage on the property caused by wind and water. We're in the process of assessing the damage," he said. "As far as the game being postponed again or played, that will be up to the NFL."

The game had originally been set for 3:15 p.m. Sunday, but because of Ike the NFL moved it to Monday night.

The Texas and Ravens will have no comment until they hear from the league.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Still here and still with power ....

The Girlfriend just called. Shes an ER nurse and can see Reliant Stadium from her hospital -- bright as a Christmas tree.

Those brightlights your girlfriend is seeing must be from the beams of interior lights passing through the holes in the roof where there are roofing panels missing.

Only person on here that thought this game was going to be played was the guy actually living in Houston.

For the NFL to even think that this game could be played with what the forecast was going to be was idiotic at best.

Even if they could move the game somewhere else like Atlanta, New Orleans, etc., who's to say the Texans actually have the ability right now to get there?

They could have yesterday, but now.......
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

this game has to be played this week right? There is no way to move the game to a later date.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim