Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Game Rescheduled

I think the NFL will make a final decision by Sunday morning. Until the hurricane is done and over with, all we can do is speculate. I am sure they have a Plan B in their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    Don't get too excited that the game is on DTV. Everyone should have serious doubts that the game is being played Monday night, at least in Houston. Methinks there is less than 5% chance that happens.
    I'll take your 20 to 1 odds for $20 that this game will be played Monday night in Houston.

- C -

I hope they have alot of candles down there.
    They just said on the weather channel that potentially the Houston area could have a million customers without power when this is over.

Yup, whole freakin town should be up and runnin' by monday night!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

4. Re: Ravens Game Rescheduled

I think the NFL has done the best they could, they had to look out for the fans, the teams and Houston. What they did is fine, they made a decison to play monday night, that way by sunday morning when the ravens would fly in, they would know how bad the damage is, if its too bad, the ravens havent left yet and could fly to where ever the game would be as well as the texans.

If they decided to play in dallas or atlanta or whereever and the storm turned out to be ok in houston, then houston is pissed cuz they lose all the home game and $$ etc. You cant win either way but think this is the best so far...we weill see what happens tomorrow
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I hope they have alot of candles down there.
    They just said on the weather channel that potentially the Houston area could have a million customers without power when this is over.

Yup, whole freakin town should be up and runnin' by monday night!!
    In a city of 4 million, that's only a 25% outage.

Talked to Mista T and we are getting together in Denver to watch the game now that we can actually see it.

HoustonRaven....stay safe. Whether the Ravens play Monday night or not, the storm is going to be bad for a whole lot of people. Don't be stupid and not take the storm seriously. Here's to getting together in the future to drink some beers, play some poker and watch the Ravens kick some ass!

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    HoustonRaven....stay safe. Whether the Ravens play Monday night or not, the storm is going to be bad for a whole lot of people. Don't be stupid and not take the storm seriously. Here's to getting together in the future to drink some beers, play some poker and watch the Ravens kick some ass!
    Definitely. Condo all boarded up and I have plenty of provisions. This Raven fan will be ok! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'll put my next pay check on that 5% claim.

At worst, Houston will see the storm downgrade to Cat 1 by the time the storm gets inland (assuming the storm doesnt do anything weird in the next 8 hours). The storm will be completely gone by out of the Houston area (and a tropical storm) by this time tomorrow. Come Sunday, the storm will be so far north it isnt even worth mentioning.
    I hope you're right my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'll put my next pay check on that 5% claim.

At worst, Houston will see the storm downgrade to Cat 1 by the time the storm gets inland (assuming the storm doesnt do anything weird in the next 8 hours). The storm will be completely gone by out of the Houston area (and a tropical storm) by this time tomorrow. Come Sunday, the storm will be so far north it isnt even worth mentioning.
    I'm going to assume you have never been through a hurricane as that statement is spoken like someone who hasn't. Just because it's blown through and the storm is gone doesn't mean it's over and everything is all well and good. Even if it's downgraded to a Cat 1 (which goes against EVERYTHING that I have seen saying it's only growing and getting stronger), that still is no joke. It sounds like power outages and debris cleanup is going to be the least of the cities concerns.

I hope you are right and it doesn't do alot of damage and the game does get played but don't count on it. Be safe.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Been through a bunch.

It has increased in intensity a bit so it will hit land as a Cat 3. Max winds in Houston (not Galveston) will be around 80 mph. The city will see moderate flooding, especially the lower areas south and west of downtown. Houston will see the brunt of it starting around 3 am tonight and will last about 12-16 hours.

Everyone up in B'more is seeing what's going on in Galveston and think that's happening here. It will be a bad storm for sure, but nothing like what Galveston is getting.

Galveston could be wiped off the map.

Well if it's on directTV I might be able to catch it at a bar in Beckley, WV. There is a Hooters across the street from my hotel room. Does Hooter's usually have Direct Ticket?

The change really sucks for me, I am stationed in hawaii so it starts at about 1pm here and I'll be at work for the whole game. But luckily I have sunday ticket and a dvr but hopefully I dont hear the score before I watch it.