Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ravens Game Rescheduled

BALTIMORE AT HOUSTON GAME RESCHEDULED

FOR MONDAY NIGHT DUE TO APPROACHING HURRICANE IKE

Due to the importance of allowing the Houston area to focus on its recovery from the expected arrival of Hurricane Ike on Friday, the Houston Texans' home game Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens has been re-scheduled for Monday night at Reliant Stadium at 7:30 Houston time (8:30 ET). The game originally was scheduled to be played on Sunday, September 14 at noon Houston Time (1:00 ET).

The Texans-Ravens Monday night game will be televised on local CBS stations in the primary and secondary markets of the Texans (Houston, Beaumont-Port Arthur, and Bryan, Texas) and the Ravens (Baltimore; Washington, DC; Salisbury, MD; and Harrisburg, PA).

Re: Ravens Game Rescheduled

See, do I know my town or what!?!?! :)

Game Moved to Monday

Per ESPN -- 7:30 start.

Blog Entries

Re: Game Moved to Monday

I think the game time is 8:30----the 7:30 is for the Central time zone

Guess I'll be headed to the local sports bar to watch it on Direct Ticket Monday evening... I'm okay with that!

So, what happens if there's damage to Reliant Stadium, or if there's still no power to it?

The NFL is taking a hell of a chance here. This could lead to a major scheduling problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    So, what happens if there's damage to Reliant Stadium, or if there's still no power to it?

The NFL is taking a hell of a chance here. This could lead to a major scheduling problem.
    I agree. Wrong choice here. Most of all because I have to work Monday Night.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post

They'll probably move it to another stadium. I'm sure the NFL already has a plan in place if the game is unplayable in Reliant stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    They'll probably move it to another stadium. I'm sure the NFL already has a plan in place if the game is unplayable in Reliant stadium.
    But when?

Would they make that determination on Sunday morning before the Ravens try to fly into Houston on Sunday night?

They better hope this game can be played on Monday night at Reliant Stadium.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    But when?

Would they make that determination on Sunday morning before the Ravens try to fly into Houston on Sunday night?

They better hope this game can be played on Monday night at Reliant Stadium.

PP
    They would either have to play it Tuesday or later in the season by moving some Bye weeks around between Baltimore, Houston and Cinncy.

I really don't think they can move it and still play on Monday if the decision comes on Sat or Sun. I would think the logistics would be too difficult.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I am told that Reliant has an under ground power system that feeds directly to some power plant -- most stadiums are this way because the normal power lines cannot handle the load a stadium demands.

I will be in downtown Philly for work. Does anyone know if the game will be shown locally there on CBS? If not, are we positive DirectTV will carry it?