Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Broncos vs Chargers game

Did anyone see the set of balls M.S. showed winning that game. I admire him for that. Going for 2 when a FG ties it. Do you think that would fly in this town?
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Re: Broncos vs Chargers game

If we make it he is a hero and the second coming of Lombardi, if we fail his job is in jeopardy and he is a bum who shouldn't be coaching pee-wee. I love Baltimore.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Blog Entries

It shouldn't have gone that far! Cutler fumbled when getting ready to pass, Ed Hockuley(sp) blew his whistle early and the play was blown dead. Charger recovered the ball, but since the play was blown dead, it didn't matter....

Refs screwed up bigtime in this game and caused the Chargers a win!!
    Last edited by 4G63; 09-14-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Yeah, hero only because Ed Hockuli absolutely blew the call. And then SAID he blew the call.

The Broncos should not have won that game.

15 points, that's what the Chargers lost due to the very poor officiating. We all think the Ravens got screwed because of the way the NFL managed the Houston mess, the Chargers got screwed out of a win. Ballsy move by Shanahan yes, but should have never came to that.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    15 points, that's what the Chargers lost due to the very poor officiating. We all think the Ravens got screwed because of the way the NFL managed the Houston mess, the Chargers got screwed out of a win. Ballsy move by Shanahan yes, but should have never came to that.
    Maybe he thought he should have lost anyway...what the hell...I will go for it, must be our night
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

the way i look at it the chargers are 0-2 i root against every afc being it was 2 afc teams one gets a loss.the ravens are 2 games up on the chargers in the wild card.

call me crazy but in the NFL i watch it from week 1 the playoff race.

No matter what happened this was a much better game then the bore snore that was the Patriots vs Jets game.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Whatever the outcome that was one amazing game.Cutler and Rivers are the new breed of NFL QB.Thank goodness I thought it was a dying species.I think Cutler is destined for an amazing career.

Brandon Marshall is a friggin beast.And after what Eddie Royal did against the Raiders in week 1.They have quite the receiving tandem.Throw in the speedy Scheffler at TE and Stokley in the slot at WR.You have quite an impressive passing attack.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    the ravens are 2 games up on the chargers in the wild card.
    Actually, 1.5 games up, I believe, as of right now.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I agree it was a bad call, and if the whistle blows the play dead and it can't be changed, why review it at all? Just to confirm that it was a blown call? I understand that it was the last 2 minutes, but really, what was the point? Sounds like something that will get changed after the season.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Whatever the outcome that was one amazing game.Cutler and Rivers are the new breed of NFL QB.Thank goodness I thought it was a dying species.I think Cutler is destined for an amazing career.

Brandon Marshall is a friggin beast.And after what Eddie Royal did against the Raiders in week 1.They have quite the receiving tandem.Throw in the speedy Scheffler at TE and Stokley in the slot at WR.You have quite an impressive passing attack.
    Thank god I took Marshall in the 4th round of our fantasy draft and Cutler in the 6th round.... My rb's have been sucking so far.