Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: Ravens Game Rescheduled

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    The only guy here who thought the game was going to be played was the guy who lives in Houston.

====================================

What about me, the guy who goes on a couple road trips every year, who traveled to San Antonio to eventually drive to Houston to see the game. I wasted thousands of dollars. WTF...what do I get from the NFL's lack of judgment? It should have been set up at an alternate location.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Yes we do lose an important bye week int the middle of the season, but having this week off does have an advantage. We have numerous players with naggin injuries to start the regular season. This early bye week should put us in a better position moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDavey View Post
    Yes we do lose an important bye week int the middle of the season, but having this week off does have an advantage. We have numerous players with naggin injuries to start the regular season. This early bye week should put us in a better position moving forward.
    what week off? These guys practiced up til Sat afternoon. Wheres the healing? We will need the healing before our stretch run when it counts!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDavey View Post
    No way.

1) We don't get a true bye. The players get 3 days off. Ooooooo.

2) We now have to play 15 weeks in a row.

3) 5 of 6 games, 3 in a row, on the road. IN NOVEMBER!

The fact that EVERYONE knew this storm was coming DAYS in advance, should have given the NFL plenty of time to set the plan. Send Texas to us, change our Oakland game to away, change Texas @ Oakland to a home game.

How is it fans can figure that out, but the NFL can't?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

How is it fans can figure that out, but the NFL can't?
    Because we are from Baltimore & the NFL can't because they are out to screw Baltimore

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

[QUOTE=StingerNLG;96134]No way.

1) We don't get a true bye. The players get 3 days off. Ooooooo.

2) We now have to play 15 weeks in a row.

3) 5 of 6 games, 3 in a row, on the road. IN NOVEMBER!

The fact that EVERYONE knew this storm was coming DAYS in advance, should have given the NFL plenty of time to set the plan. Send Texas to us, change our Oakland game to away, change Texas @ Oakland to a home game.

QUOTE]

thats one hell of a call i never thought of it that way but sure makes alot of sense and is alot more fair to both teams then the NFL and mr.goodell slamming us in the ass.GOOD CALL STINGER!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes we did practice for the week, but what I was referring to is as a team we would not pound each other in practice, and then play a physically demanding game. My remark for the week off meant for the game basically.

Now, I totally agree that we got screwed by the NFL and would have preferred other considerations in light of Ike. I do try to present an optimistic view though...

I hope to (insert divine deity here) we can manage to play well on the 15+ game marathon...

I also hope all the folks in the area hit by the storm are OK... or as OK as possible at least.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

It seems to me there was no way to make everyone happy. I think if we were hit by the storm and our stadium was damaged like that we wouldn't be very happy if the NFL just decided that it would be just as well to have the game played at an alternate location. How would that work? How would it be worked out as far as tickets go? How would fans feel if they had to leave their water-logged homes to see their team play three hours away or just flush that hard-earned money down the toilet and maybe not even be able to watch on TV because you have no power. If they just moved the game to another stadium then all the Houston fans would be saying they were screwed and the NFL didn't care about them.

I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to add that originally I thought the switching Oakland games would be great...but in reality we would have had to play four road games in a row if we made that switch. I really think the NFL could have done something better with the situation. We did get screwed without lube. I hope Goodell liked it.