A Little Help from his Friends

Flacco had a good game we'd all agree, but let's put those drops in perspective:

1. If Heap had not dropped Flacco's pass in the end zone, Joe's rating would have gone from 63.7 to 78.5.

2. Had Rice further pulled in the short middle throw for a 30-yard gain (it looked to be at least that), Flacco's rating would have been 85.7

3. Had both the Heap and Rice catches been made and gone for TD's, Flacco's rating would have been 102.3

I'm not saying it's reasonable to expect all that should have been different, but I wanted to point out how much of a difference those 2 plays made in QB rating.

Re: A Little Help from his Friends

:word

However, I tend to stay away from the "what-could-have-beens". Flacco will have plenty more opportunities to futrther prove himself, hopefully getting "A Little Help from His Friends" along the way.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Passer ratings are in my opinion the most useless of statistics.

The guy did what he was asked to do within the system. He didn't make any big mistakes. He helped the team win a ballgame.

End of story.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Regardless (or to squeeler fans irregardless) of passer rating I think Flacco played well enough.
    These first two games will be good warm ups to the really tough schedule. And now that the AFC is far more open than we thought it was going to be who knows...

Hey, pass me that purple kool aid would ya?
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

I could not believe Heap dropped the TD, and Rice could still be running if he had just been able to grab it on the second bobble. Both were very catchable tosses. I love the touch he has and the awareness of when and how to use it.

The throw that blew mw away was the touch pass to McLain in the flat that was just enough to fool the defender into thinking he could get a peice of it, but was placed perfectly out of his reach, dropping softly into the hands of a FB in stride.

I think they will connect on a few over the top this week. Clayton and Mason have shown tremendous double move routes. The timing on the deep passes is coming along and this secondary should be the one to exploit. The Bungle corners made a lot of plays these guys should not be able to.

Every year since I can remember, it's been the same story with our receivers in regards to how much worse they make our QBs look. If Heap doesn't turn around his game (and I fully expect he will), I'm giving Shannon Sharpe a call!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Passer ratings are in my opinion the most useless of statistics.

The guy did what he was asked to do within the system. He didn't make any big mistakes. He helped the team win a ballgame.

End of story.
    This.

"Passer rating" is perhaps an imprecise measurement for those who didn't get to watch the game. Lucky for us, we did.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

8. Re: A Little Help from his Friends

not my best videography....but here is heap missing that catch...if you slow it down you can see it hit right off his hands..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvyDb9S4Ogw

good points filmstudy, always love to read your stuff.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

*boing* shame he didn't make that catch but I'm sure we'll see Flacco connecting with Heap a lot this season!!