Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Mon night game??

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The Ravens web site just removed the alert.

The Texans web site just posted some new stuff and none of it had to di with the storm or moving the game.
    This is absolutely ridiculous....the NFL is opening the door for this thing to slap them in the face. I can really see this blowing up and having to play this thing on a Wednesday or Thursday if they don't come to a better solution. The sickening part is the only thing holding this thing up is money/compensation. What a world....
    Section 517 since 2001!!!! Real fans sit real high!!!![

This is annoying
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

They are not worried about the storm, they are worried about flooding and if there will be power.

The storm will be damn near Dallas come game time and, more then likely, Houston will be under sunny (but powerless) skies.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 09-11-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spellin

They are not worried about the storm, they are worried about flooding and if there will be power.

The storm will be damn near Dallas come game time and, more then likely, Houston will be under sunny (but powerless) skies.
    So if there's no power, than it may as well be raining Kordell Stewarts....either way you can't play a football game.

The airports here in Harris County (Bush and Hobby airports) have announced they are suspending service as of 9:00 AM, Saturday morning.

So the team either needs to leave now and ride out this thing here, or hope they can get a flight Sunday and the game gets moved to Monday.

I think the later option is shaping up to be the best one. A Monday night game gives the city 2 days to recoup.

The airports here in Harris County (Bush and Hobby airports) have announced they are suspending service as of 9:00 AM, Saturday morning.

So the team either needs to leave now and ride out this thing here, or hope they can get a flight Sunday and the game gets moved to Monday.

I think the later option is shaping up to be the best one. A Monday night game gives the city 2 days to recoup.
    So this mysterious press conference just dissapeared with no explanation?? If you can't play in Houston Sunday, what exactly makes them think that Monday is gonna be that much better?? This is a nightmare waiting to happen.

7. Re: Mon night game??

from nfl.com

As Hurricane Ike takes aim at the Texas Gulf Coast, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the league has contingencies in place should the storm impact Sunday’s game between the Texans and Ravens at Houston’s Reliant Stadium.

Goodell said the NFL is prepared to allow the game to be potentially played as late as Monday. A plan is also in place to postpone the game and make scheduling changes to play it later in the season.

First and foremost, said Goodell, is the priority of public safety in the Houston region.

“We’re tracking the storm just like everybody else, and wishing all the people in the potential region that it’s not as damaging and not as dangerous as they’re predicting,” Goodell said in an interview with NFL.com. “As part of that, we look at the alternatives. How do we continue to operate the league?

“We’re looking at alternatives if the storm is severe enough that it would prevent us from playing, whether that’s damage to the stadium, or fans not being able to get to the stadium, or whether, frankly, there’s just higher priorities in that community than playing a football game. We understand our place in the community, and we understand the first priority is public safety. We would not do anything to stress emergency workers and law enforcement workers from doing their job.”

Sunday’s game between the Texans and Ravens is scheduled for 4:15 p.m. ET. Goodell said the league would hold off making any determinations about the game until they’ve fully evaluated the situation and government officials in the Houston market can make determinations about the impact on the community.

Published online reports from the AP say authorities in the Houston area and along the Southeast Texas Gulf Coast have ordered hundreds of thousands of people to evacuate Thursday as Ike approached the coast and threatened to grow even stronger.

“The reality is we have contingencies,” said Goodell. “We are prepared for it. We will make that decision at the first practical time.”

Quote Originally Posted by Big Worm View Post
    from nfl.com

As Hurricane Ike takes aim at the Texas Gulf Coast, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the league has contingencies in place should the storm impact Sunday’s game between the Texans and Ravens at Houston’s Reliant Stadium.

Goodell said the NFL is prepared to allow the game to be potentially played as late as Monday. A plan is also in place to postpone the game and make scheduling changes to play it later in the season.

First and foremost, said Goodell, is the priority of public safety in the Houston region.

“We’re tracking the storm just like everybody else, and wishing all the people in the potential region that it’s not as damaging and not as dangerous as they’re predicting,” Goodell said in an interview with NFL.com. “As part of that, we look at the alternatives. How do we continue to operate the league?

“We’re looking at alternatives if the storm is severe enough that it would prevent us from playing, whether that’s damage to the stadium, or fans not being able to get to the stadium, or whether, frankly, there’s just higher priorities in that community than playing a football game. We understand our place in the community, and we understand the first priority is public safety. We would not do anything to stress emergency workers and law enforcement workers from doing their job.”

Sunday’s game between the Texans and Ravens is scheduled for 4:15 p.m. ET. Goodell said the league would hold off making any determinations about the game until they’ve fully evaluated the situation and government officials in the Houston market can make determinations about the impact on the community.

Published online reports from the AP say authorities in the Houston area and along the Southeast Texas Gulf Coast have ordered hundreds of thousands of people to evacuate Thursday as Ike approached the coast and threatened to grow even stronger.

“The reality is we have contingencies,” said Goodell. “We are prepared for it. We will make that decision at the first practical time.”

I'm starting to hate him almost as much as Tagliabue.....what a clown

If I am lying, I am dying ....

The local ABC news station just found "that guy" to interview -- the guy in Galveston who decided to keep him and his family IN Galveston for the storm

As they are interviewing him, he says "I dont want the hassle" as to why he isnt leaving the area. Keep in mind, Galveston is under mandatory evacuation.

The best part of the interview? He was wearing a shirt that said "Satisfaction Guaranteed" .... again, if I am lying I am dying.

Quote Originally Posted by obannon35 View Post
    I'm starting to hate him almost as much as Tagliabue.....what a clown
    Why is everyone getting all fired up at Goodell? He's now a clown?

There are a HELL of alot of factors that need to be considered in this decision. So what if they pushed the decision back for an hour or two?

They need to make this as fair as possible while also being mindful that this is a serious storm that is gonna affect alot of people.

People just write "they should play it Monday at 6" or whatever as if it's that easy. If it were, a decision would've already been made.

PP

If I am lying, I am dying ....

The local ABC news station just found "that guy" to interview -- the guy in Galveston who decided to keep him and his family IN Galveston for the storm

As they are interviewing him, he says "I dont want the hassle" as to why he isnt leaving the area. Keep in mind, Galveston is under mandatory evacuation.

The best part of the interview? He was wearing a shirt that said "Satisfaction Guaranteed" .... again, if I am lying I am dying.
    How about a physical description of this genius.

That sounds like something I'd DVR to show people.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Why is everyone getting all fired up at Goodell? He's now a clown?

There are a HELL of alot of factors that need to be considered in this decision. So what if they pushed the decision back for an hour or two?

They need to make this as fair as possible while also being mindful that this is a serious storm that is gonna affect alot of people.

People just write "they should play it Monday at 6" or whatever as if it's that easy. If it were, a decision would've already been made.

PP
    You're right he's not a full blown clown and I don't hate him as much as Tags....but something about the way he looks...well I'm keeping my eye on that fella