Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Mon night game??

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nobody is saying leave or die ... stop with the sky falling rumors.

I just watched the latest and its still a Cat 2 storm. The only people evacuating are Galveston residents and Houston residents that sit in flood areas.

Well the National Weather Service report that the genteman posted above says exactly that. I didn't mean for the Houston area but for the Galveston Coast and neighboring areas that's exactly what it said. I suggest you read the thread before calling somebody out.
    Section 517 since 2001!!!! Real fans sit real high!!!![

Quote Originally Posted by obannon35 View Post
    Well the National Weather Service report that the genteman posted above says exactly that. I didn't mean for the Houston area but for the Galveston Coast and neighboring areas that's exactly what it said. I suggest you read the thread before calling somebody out.
    Nowhere in that post does it say "Leave or die".

If anyone needs to actually read posts is you, newbie. And if you meant something else (i.e. Galveston Coast), that's on you, too.

We can only go by what you print, not what you meant to print.

Nowhere in that post does it say "Leave or die".

If anyone needs to actually read posts is you, newbie. And if you meant something else (i.e. Galveston Coast), that's on you, too.

We can only go by what you print, not what you meant to print.

All neighborhoods... and possibly entire coastal communities...
    will be inundated during high tide. Persons not heeding evacuation
    orders in single family one or two story homes will face certain
    death. Many residences of average construction directly on the
    coast will be destroyed. Widespread and devastating personal
    property damage is likely elsewhere. Vehicles left behind will
    likely be swept away. Numerous roads will be swamped... some may be
    washed away by the water. Entire flood prone coastal communities
    will be cutoff. Water levels may exceed 9 feet for more than a
    mile inland. Coastal residents in multi-story facilities risk
    being cutoff. Conditions will be worsened by battering waves. Such
    waves will exacerbate property damage... with massive destruction
    of homes... including those of block construction. Damage from
    beach erosion could take years to repair.

You're right no intelligent person could relate "live or die" to the above warning. But the schoolyard bully "newbie" message board callout is classic.

Quote Originally Posted by obannon35 View Post
    All neighborhoods... and possibly entire coastal communities...
    will be inundated during high tide. Persons not heeding evacuation
    orders in single family one or two story homes will face certain
    death. Many residences of average construction directly on the
    coast will be destroyed. Widespread and devastating personal
    property damage is likely elsewhere. Vehicles left behind will
    likely be swept away. Numerous roads will be swamped... some may be
    washed away by the water. Entire flood prone coastal communities
    will be cutoff. Water levels may exceed 9 feet for more than a
    mile inland. Coastal residents in multi-story facilities risk
    being cutoff. Conditions will be worsened by battering waves. Such
    waves will exacerbate property damage... with massive destruction
    of homes... including those of block construction. Damage from
    beach erosion could take years to repair.

You're right no intelligent person could relate "live or die" to the above warning. But the schoolyard bully "newbie" message board callout is classic.
    You're the one looking like a fear monger, my friend.

And to use the advisory for Galveston and apply it to Houston not in good form.

I dont think Ravens fans care whats going to happen in Galveston. Rather, they are more concerned about Houston and what will happen come game time.

The only thing you're doing by stirring the pot is confusing people.

Give HR a break, obannon35...

He has the bedside manner of Dr. Jack Kevorkian...

That warning definitely indicates that death is highly likely if you reside within range of Ike. Let's put it this way: I wouldn't be hanging around for the outcome if I lived there!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post

That warning definitely indicates that death is highly likely if you reside within range of Ike. Let's put it this way: I wouldn't be hanging around for the outcome if I lived there!
    Lol sheesh I was just pointing out the fact that this thing doesn't look like it's gonna be fun for the people down there. No worries, maybe Flacco will make his road debut in front of 2500 fans in Atlanta, lol.

That's just silly.

The NFL was faced many hurricanes and never (sans Katrina) moved a game so far away.
    Yeah but that doesn't mean they won't. This could be a massive hit for that city. Maybe not the devastation Katrina caused, but could be almost if not as bad.

There's precidence for moving the game...the NFL did it with the Saints who played in NY as a "home" game. Wouldn't shock me to see them do it here. This thing is supposed to hit Houston dead-on from what I've heard.

Stay safe HoustonRaven...

- C -

Personally, I think they (the NFL) should remove all risk with regard to weather and hold the game in a neutral city. I know that doesn't benefit the home team and its fans, but it is better than taking a chance and predicting the storm. I would think that there wouldn't be a lot of people going to a football game in the middle of a hurricane, although I know there are always crazy people who would. They should move it to Arizona, Atlanta or some other southern city.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post

And you'd be adding to the problem.

The coast needs to evacuate, Houston doesnt. We sit 80 miles inland and while we will still get nasty weather, it wont be anything like what the coast gets.

They are telling resident NOT in the flood areas to stay put and ride it out. In fact, in some counties its mandatory you do so.

That said, anything can happen with this storm -- although its a bit encouraging that the pressure is rising and dry air is hitting it on the north side of the storm.

Maybe I'm getting the wrong information from the news media today (now THAT would be a first! :grbac: )...

They keep mentioning the storm and Houston almost in the same breath. Believe me, I'm the LAST person who would want H-Town to be harmed by Ike. But I know several meteorologists personally and they readily admit that much of their job involves speculation.

I wouldn't take any chances, especially given the recent history of the Gulf Coast, based on the "educated guess" of someone who doesn't have God-like powers of precognition.

I heard this at lunch today third-hand, but from a reliable source, so take it for what it's worth.

He said a friend of his that works at the Vault told him that the game would be played in Baltimore, apparently on Sunday. When I told him I thought that was unlikely for a variety of reasons, he said his friend was certain. He even mentioned the alternatives, which were moving the game to Tuesday night, or moving it to Indy (!). They ruled out Indy because on such late notice, they wouldn't be ready to handle it, staffing-wise. I don't know why they ruled out Tuesday.

I'm still skeptical, but he seemed awfully sure.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I heard this at lunch today third-hand, but from a reliable source, so take it for what it's worth.

He said a friend of his that works at the Vault told him that the game would be played in Baltimore, apparently on Sunday. When I told him I thought that was unlikely for a variety of reasons, he said his friend was certain. He even mentioned the alternatives, which were moving the game to Tuesday night, or moving it to Indy (!). They ruled out Indy because on such late notice, they wouldn't be ready to handle it, staffing-wise. I don't know why they ruled out Tuesday.

I'm still skeptical, but he seemed awfully sure.

Wow I'd be shocked, but I wouldn't complain:D