Thursday, October 2
    Washington University in St. Louis, MO

Second presidential debate
    Tuesday, October 7
    Belmont University, Nashville, TN

Third presidential debate
    Wednesday, October 15
    Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY

The debates will be conducted by the non-partisan, non-profit Commission on Presidential Debates.

All debates will be ninety minutes in length and start at 9PM ET with each debate administered by a single moderator.

The first presidential debate will focus on domestic policy; the third presidential debate will focus on foreign policy.

The second presidential (town meeting format) debate will include any issues raised by members of that audience, and the vice presidential debate will include domestic and foreign policy.

In each debate except the town meeting format, the candidates will be seated at a table with the moderator.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Re: Mark Your Calendar!

The debates are where the fun happens, my friend. No scripts, no written speeches. This has the makings of disaster or triumph. It is the playoffs of politics!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

dave is right, the debates are where its put up or shut up. both sides can look great in front of their own constituencies but on neutral ground, with no script, is where the candidates can really separate themselves or capsize their own campaigns (see Stockdale, Admiral, 1992. whatever happened to THAT guy?)

Quote Originally Posted by mavhimself View Post
    dave is right, the debates are where its put up or shut up. both sides can look great in front of their own constituencies but on neutral ground, with no script, is where the candidates can really separate themselves or capsize their own campaigns (see Stockdale, Admiral, 1992. whatever happened to THAT guy?)
    The late, great Phil Hartman happened to him. Unfortunately, I can not find a youtube video on it... but this is sad and uncomfortable enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6n5OQVzVVQ

Admiral Stockdale actually passed away in 2005.