Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"I said thanks but no thanks" to that science teacher

(AP) We are now all familiar with Sarah Palin's denouncements of women's rights believing wholeheartedly that abortion is never an option even if they were raped by their one-eyed Uncle Fester. Sarah stands strong in her convictions that even this miracle child should be carried to term and raised by as she Sarah says, "that morally loose, promisicious girl and Uncle fester".

Sarah has also spoken out against those "elitist and celebrity seeking professors with their fire and brimstone soaring orations about the evolution of man". Sarah goes on to say, "egh like uh..they really want me to believe that we evolved from those stinking apes?...everyone knows the world in only 6800 years old". "Like uh, how could that happen" She giggled. "C'mon the bible says the world was created by God in 6 days and on the 7th, He probably raced his snow machine".

As this AP reporter has been imbedded with the Palin campaign for the last week, one of the her most defining moments came just the other day when a woman from the crowd shouted out, "tell the story about your infidel geography teacher again Sarah!". Sarah cracked that smile that we have come to adore and recited her famous retort once again, "I told that science teacher Thanks, but no thanks to that idea that the world is round, I know it is flat!" Her reply drew a thunderous applause from the crowd...they knew their girl wasn't about to going to cave into truth.

"Republican Politics - When American Idol became American Reality" - G7
    Last edited by Galen Sevinne; 09-10-2008 at 07:33 AM. Reason: too much truth

Re: "I said thanks but no thanks" to that science teacher

Are you actually trying to pass this off as a real AP news article, or are you trying to get a job at a liberal news version of the Onion? If it is the former, then provide a link to the "article" you posted.

You seem like an intelligent man Galen, and I would love to drink a beer with ya and discuss views, but this is ridiculous. Your actions are having a negative impact on potential voters. As I have stated, I have not made up my mind yet as to whom I will vote for, but if your goal is to bring people to the Obama camp, you are not doing a very good job of it. Malicious smear tactics do not sit well with every undecided out here.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I listened to the radio this morning on the Shari Ellicker show, and this one caller, tried to say that Obama has run this marvelous campaign, adn that should signal he will be an excellent president.

It has been nohting but a smear campaign. I haven't heard one believable bit of good policy. The guy spent his entire time before VP selections trumpeting that he was not Bush, and that he was for unspecified change, and once his Veep went int he face of that, he has done nothing but smear the oponents Veep selection...

Great campaign.

Oh and don't forget the welthiest half a perccent of our population is gong to cure SSi, healthcare and fund everyone to go to college and allow for us to get a tax break.... and our cars will run on magic pixie dust...

and the republicans have never used a smear campaign before? does the word "swift-boating" ring a bell? to me, and granted i am a registered democrat, the obama campaign is merely pointing out lies and inaccuracies the mccain-palin campaign is putting out there. like palin's "thanks but no thanks to that bridge to nowhere," which was an outright lie. she was for it, took federal money for it and when it became a national embarrassment, then she said no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mavhimself View Post
    and the republicans have never used a smear campaign before? does the word "swift-boating" ring a bell? to me, and granted i am a registered democrat, the obama campaign is merely pointing out lies and inaccuracies the mccain-palin campaign is putting out there. like palin's "thanks but no thanks to that bridge to nowhere," which was an outright lie. she was for it, took federal money for it and when it became a national embarrassment, then she said no thanks.
    I agree that smear tactics are a part of the game. Both parties are guilty of it. As far as her changing her stance on a vote, that does not matter to me. Once again, both parties contradict themselves in embarrassing ways. This is just exploitation politics at its best.

My choice will be determined following the debates.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

i agree th debates are where this thing will be won or lost for the dems. while personally, i can't fathom how anyone would believe mccain and palin are mavericks (how are you a maverick when you vote with the party in power 90% of the time) they've been pretty effective at convincing people that's the case. personally i think obama and biden will really shine once they have mccain and palin on neutral ground and can debate them on the issues. i think biden will crush palin one-on-one, it's probably more important for him to not look like he's bullying her than anything else. people on this board have been mocking obama's policies but where are mccain's policies? and how are they any different than the bush administration's policies? i haven't heard anything from john mccain other than he is a maverick and wants offshore drilling. And? anyway, as dennis miller used to say, that's just my opinion, i could be wrong.

oh, i know that. wouldn't politics be a lot more fun if you still could challenge people to a duel? lol. we could have done away with that whole florida recount disaster in 2000 if gore just challenged bush to a duel and the winner got to be president.

i agree th debates are where this thing will be won or lost for the dems. while personally, i can't fathom how anyone would believe mccain and palin are mavericks (how are you a maverick when you vote with the party in power 90% of the time) they've been pretty effective at convincing people that's the case. personally i think obama and biden will really shine once they have mccain and palin on neutral ground and can debate them on the issues. i think biden will crush palin one-on-one, it's probably more important for him to not look like he's bullying her than anything else. people on this board have been mocking obama's policies but where are mccain's policies? and how are they any different than the bush administration's policies? i haven't heard anything from john mccain other than he is a maverick and wants offshore drilling. And? anyway, as dennis miller used to say, that's just my opinion, i could be wrong.
    McCains policies are are a direct reflection of his voting record. Same with Obama. I have NEVER agreed with a candidates complete voting record, but I gravitate toward the candidate whose voting record closest resembles my stances. Now, with Obama, that is a slightly difficult approach, only because, when compared to McCain, his record is quite smaller. It is tough to tell how he would have voted on pivotal bills that were voted on, prior to his time in the Senate. That is why I will have to pay close attention to the debates.

As for the "Mavericks", that is just a snazzy catch phrase and honestly does not impress me or turn me away.

sounds reasonable dave. are you sure you're a republican? lol

LOL. Most of the time... yes. Card carrying member. I love guns and God! Sound more like it now?

now that's more like it! lol. since i'm a registered democrat should i say something about hugging trees?

now that's more like it! lol. since i'm a registered democrat should i say something about hugging trees?
    Nah, the quiet hum of your electric car... speaks volumes. :D