Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Ogden Out This Sunday?

I have seen posts on other boards with a link from (rotoworld?) that states that Jon Ogden is out this Sunday and Adam Terry is starting. Anyone else have this information, because accoing to AW, Ogden is listed as questionable for Sunday.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Is Ogden Out This Sunday?

I saw a report that said that a rookie would start at the Squealer's LG and BB supposedly said 'we'll prbably have a rookie start for us too', but the latest info I see lists him as still 'questionable'.
    if we can't take one of the top two seeds, it will be pretty tempting to rest a lot of (older) guys next week against the Bills. Difference between 3 and 4 seed is the difference between who hosts the wc teams, and we don't even know who they'll be yet.
    worst case scenario, Ravens lose the top seeds AND guys get hurt.

Sun Paper: Ogden and Heap don't practice and are listed as questionable. The key day is always Friday. If neither practices on Friday they won't play Sun. I expect both will play but will they make it through the whole game?
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Blog Entries

i think we'll definitley be looking to pull any players we can if we get a good lead.

That said, I sure hope Ogden is ready to go. We need him more than ever for this game, at least to start with.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Rest those guys. We need them later on.

If you rest some of the starters, then you run risk of them getting a little rusty. We need momentum heading into the playoffs. That being said, yes, we don't want to risk injury to our starters.

I'm hoping the Ravens jump out to a good lead so the backups can play. That's probably the best we can hope for.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

The Ultimate Raven win would be to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh with Kyle at QB and Terry at LT.

Realisticly. The Steelers are playing for redemption and pride and have won most of their home games. If New england loses to Jacksonville which has a 6-1 record at home, I say lets get healthy.

In the past, I never thought the Ravens would win in Pittsburgh. Then, I started to look at the QB's who have lost there recently.

L-2005-AW Halloween night.
    L-2004-KB
    L-2003-KB (KB's NFL Debut)
    L-2002-JB (Hugging Cowher after Throwing INT in Endzone to lose game)
    L-2001-EG (Playoffs) Billick refused to go to Cunningham in a tight game
    W-2001-RC (Regular Season) first Steeler loss at Heinz
    W-2000-TB (16-0) Home Opener on Labor Day @ Three Rivers. Not a bad year
    W-1999-TB (Big Game for Qadry)

I am not worried about Adam Terry starting at LT. That is his natural position and he did very well in his appearances. Terry should start this week and next week. With Jason Brown over there with him, Terry will be fine. We could also add a TE (Q-Syp) to help block Joey Porter.

If there is any risk at all of Ogden aggravating this injury, then they should sit him against the Steelers. Terry is a more than adequate replacement. In fact, it would be nice to see him get some playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    If there is any risk at all of Ogden aggravating this injury, then they should sit him against the Steelers. Terry is a more than adequate replacement. In fact, it would be nice to see him get some playing time.
    That is what Im worried about.

Ogden trying to go and really hurting his toe. We absolutely cannot afford to lose him for any extended time.

Im not sure how some of you guys think Terry can fill in so easily. He hasn't proven much to me.

But I think I'd like to see him in there instead of JO this week.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    That is what Im worried about.

Ogden trying to go and really hurting his toe. We absolutely cannot afford to lose him for any extended time.

Im not sure how some of you guys think Terry can fill in so easily. He hasn't proven much to me.

But I think I'd like to see him in there instead of JO this week.

PP
    Terry has not had much chance to show anything, because he is playing behind JO. Adam Terry is NOT a RT and has looked horrible there, but at LT, Adam Terry has been adequate; not great, but adequate. I'll take adequate for two weeks, because that is ten notches above Ethan Brooks.

12. Re: Is Ogden Out This Sunday?

Question...
    If JO is out this weekend, would you then sit McNair? Let's face it, without Odgen, the QB is MUCH more vulnerable. Should we risk McNair or let Boller get some more snaps, and save/protect/rest McNair? He'd have 2 weeks rest going into the last game of the season.
    Quote the Raven: NEVERMORE