Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you are heading to Houston...

Beware of what might greet you ;)

Ravens @ Texans

Re: If you are heading to Houston...

LOL! Good stuff. However, the purple kool-aid at the end is the best part.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Latest weather forecast by the way, is 40% chance of thunderstorms on Sat and 30% on Sun with Ike supposedly hitting southern Tex and barely grazing Hou. I'm sure this forecast will change 10 times by Sat.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

There was talk yesterday that they might even move the game if the storm is bad. How messed up would that be for the Ravens fans going ? Man I hope they don't.

There is a 40% chance of thunder storms every day in Houston -- thats nothing new. ;)

The latest tracking of Ike puts the storm south past Corpus. This is good and bad news for those of you making the trip.

It's good news since the storms eye wont force the cancellation / movement of the game. It's bad news since the eastern edge of a hurricane is always stronger and it will probably effect flights into Houston's 2 airports.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There is a 40% chance of thunder storms every day in Houston -- thats nothing new. ;)

The latest tracking of Ike puts the storm south past Corpus. This is good and bad news for those of you making the trip.

It's good news since the storms eye wont force the cancellation / movement of the game. It's bad news since the eastern edge of a hurricane is always stronger and it will probably effect flights into Houston's 2 airports.
    Looking @ the NHC website, the current track of the storm looks to be NE of Austin @ 1 pm Sunday.

Anyone heard if the Ravens are planning on leaving early so they are not flying in when the weather will be poor?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

It's not the actual storm or its location you should worry about (unless it turns North).

Houston sits in a flood zone. If we get the rain from the eastern edge of a major hurricane, the city will be shut down for a week.

O, I understand that, I was all for moving the game here!!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Yeah, I would imagine the airport will have to close on Saturday since weather.com shows 50mph winds in Houston.

The NFL would not move the game to Baltimore and if they did we would not get the tickets as it would not be a home game for us. If it was a div game then they could have swapped the event and all would be fair in the world of NFL Cash ... trust me ... I have no true understanding of NFL Cash other then they do not like to ever give it to anyone.

But the truth is .... A PURPLE STORM WILL KNOCK OUT HOUSTON !!!

I think it will be so hard for the Houston team and Fans that they will turn off the power so they can not see the game!

GO RAVENS !!!!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

50 mph winds = airport closure.

If you're planning on coming here, you better come on Friday.

12. Re: If you are heading to Houston...

Thought about coming in Friday, but not so interested in voluntarily choosing to ride out a category 3 or 4 hurricane which could change directions towards Houston at any moment...