Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Has Terell Suggs silenced the critics?

Eh.

If he wants prime money, then I still say no thank you. I still think he's an average LB when you get him away from all the other talent.

Speaking of ex-Raven talent, I think AD had a whopping 2 tackles yesterday.

Well at least you're not letting the FACTS get in the way of your opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Well at least you're not letting the FACTS get in the way of your opinion!
    Cheap shot aside, what facts do YOU speak of?

I seem to remember an off season of him whining and complaining, appearing on TV in NY gear and generally being a PITA towards he team he "loves". Oh, and really nice to see he has grown up and stopped the chest thumping. That's always a great thing when you have an old school coach.

It's going to take more to sway me other then a handful of sacks against win-less teams.

We've been down the FA linebacker road before ....

Cheap shot? All I said was the truth-- You are totally ignoring what he's producing on the field (FACTS) and then attempting further to minimize that production by referring to his current dominance as "a handful of sacks against win-less teams".

Suggs can only play against the teams on our schedule, right? And they are NFL teams, right? Then why the attempt to cheapen what he's accomplished so far this season?

And personally, I love the chest-thumping our defense does. It pumps up the crowd and the rest of the team. Harbaugh probably loves it too...;)

I am not ignoring anything.

Yes, he has 2 sacks and 7 tackles. Good Job, Terrell. But what I was providing was some perspective. He has those stats against two of the worst O lines in the game right now. Someone could make the argument "why doesnt he have more?" I don't happen to agree with that line of thinking, but someone could make the case.

If he is this productive by week 10, I'm on your bandwagon 100%

He will be. Look for double-digit sacks this season from Sizzle. And a couple of INTS/Forced fumbles... ;)

Edited addition-- He doesn't have more because our offense has been hogging the clock like a Pissburgh female hogs a meatball hoagie... :grbac:
    Last edited by RAVENOUS52; 09-22-2008 at 02:23 PM.

Why are you looking across the entire unit Houston? He got one or both of those sacks (can't remember for sure) against Joe Thomas, dude was pro bowl calibre last year and Suggs was eating him up all day for pressure and sacks.

Suggs is a top quality defender and this system does not make him, we've adapted the system to ensure that we get the best from him in terms of us not having to make him a square peg in a round hole at either DE or LB, he's a round peg in a round hole as a hybrid defender. We must lock him up long term. The NFL only quantifies sacks in terms of pass rushing and that is just not the full extent of what a pass rusher does. Suggs might not be worth Freeney money, but we aren't going to find someone of his calibre immediately on the open market. We might find a rookie Suggs in the draft, but then we've traded in a three down defender for a one down defender, and that's not a reasonable trade off in my opinion.

As for Thomas only having two tackles, I presume you actually watched the game to know how well he played? Because we all know that just reading the box score is the be all and end all of analysing how players perform in a game isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Edited addition-- He doesn't have more because our offense has been hogging the clock like a Pissburgh female hogs a meatball hoagie... :grbac:

That we do agree on!

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    As for Thomas only having two tackles, I presume you actually watched the game to know how well he played? Because we all know that just reading the box score is the be all and end all of analysing how players perform in a game isn't it?
    I did watch it and he played decent. Did he play up to his contract though? IMHO, NO!

As for Suggs, I'm sorry but I am not sold. He really pissed me off this off season. The Ravens have become a clearinghouse of LB talent -- which is a good thing. But the result of that are mediocre players who over achieve because the defense is so stacked.

I am NOT saying this is Suggs, I AM saying it remains to be seen. Like I said, by week 10 I will be convinced.

I think if you pay the big bucks for a handful of plays over the course of the season, then no, Adalius Thomas might not have lived up to his contract in New England. But if you're looking for consistent down after down performance (as I would be) then I think Thomas has certainly lived up to his contract. He was played out of position for much of last season until Colvin's injury and still played extremely well at ILB where he has little to no experience of playing consistently.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

YES! I would think so, but apparently there are still some concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    As for Suggs, I'm sorry but I am not sold. He really pissed me off this off season.
    Yes, we get it. Suggs pissed you off because he wore a Yankee hat and asked for as much money as he could get (just like every other NFL player does).