Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Has Terell Suggs silenced the critics?

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Great point Lo.

How do we keep all 3 of em?

We can't.

That's the prob with Ozzie. He drafts so many good players he can't pay them what they're worth because of the CAP and look at the round Scott came in.
    This is why we have sacrificed our offensive line for so long. Other than J.O., not many big names in the past but finally a huge pick up with Willie!!

Blog Entries

We also have to keep hold of Jason Brown, which right now is looking like a key signing.

Suggs... the same doubts are there, but he's obviously ready to go which is a big plus.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    They are REQUIRED to expose Suggs to the market as well.

Remember when everyone on these boards was complaining abotu JJ's contract... 4-6 years at like $3m per year...
    They aren't required to expose Suggs. They can franchise him again which will cost a whole hell of alot considering he'll get a 20% bump due to being tagged for the 2nd time in as many seasons.

And as stated above, Jason Brown is a HIGH priority for this team. I really hope they are in talks right now.

PP

I agree with ya' wholeheartedly, PurplePoe...

Protecting the Flacco investment should be right at the top, if not THE top priority we have personnel-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    And as stated above, Jason Brown is a HIGH priority for this team. I really hope they are in talks right now.
    :word

I have a feeling Suggs is gone after this year no matter what happens.

I think we can keep Scott around. But Suggs seems like he will not be around next year for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampRavens View Post
    I have a feeling Suggs is gone after this year no matter what happens.

I think we can keep Scott around. But Suggs seems like he will not be around next year for some reason.

I feel exactly the OPPOSITE. If we let one of our big game backers go, it will probably be Scott. Suggs is a beast on gameday and he's just entering his prime. More importantly, he's a playmaker. Maybe not quite the caliber playmaker of Ed Reed or Ray Lewis, but edging closer to that level all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    They aren't required to expose Suggs. They can franchise him again which will cost a whole hell of alot considering he'll get a 20% bump due to being tagged for the 2nd time in as many seasons.

PP
    You are right, they are not allowed to negotiate a long term deal until free agency, that is the loophole...

imo they will let bart walk, franchise ray and show t sizzle the money.

Quote Originally Posted by 73doubledown73 View Post
    imo they will let bart walk, franchise ray and show t sizzle the money.
    Homey, you just somewhat captured what I was thinking, except for the franchising Ray part.

Bisciotti will find a way to pay #52 IMHO though, because although he's technically "old" for a football player at his position, Ray Ray is still as good an MLB as there is in the league. If not physically, then most definitely he leads in the mental and leadership categories by a mile.

I want to keep all three. As a Ravens fan since 1996 and as a resident of Baltimore, I believe all of our power is in our defense. If one of those 3 backers is gone next year, I don't know what I would do with myself.
    :D ;) :D

Hey, we lost Adalius Thomas and our defense recovered, so take that to heart, Andon...