Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

For those arguing about the Clayton TD

Here you go:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...erbrook/080909

Sweet Play of the Week No. 2: Baltimore ran a flip reverse on which Derrick Mason did a full-speed no-look flip to Michael Clayton, who went 42 yards for the touchdown. (Announcers of course called the play a "double reverse"; the ball only changed direction once.) Ravens coaches might be hesitant to radio in this play again, though. Clayton took the reverse 13 yards behind the line of scrimmage; the play could have backfired in a major way.

Re: For those arguing about the Clayton TD

Michael Clayton. Wow, the national media sure does their research before writing these pieces. :grbac:

Can't wait til some talking head calls Harbs "Jim Harbaugh".......Just Win Baby!!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I suppose we're lucky they didn't call him John Clayton or Clayton Manning...LOL

Gregg Easterbunny is wrong (and not just with Clayton's name). It actually was a double reverse. Flacco started going to the left, it was reversed to the right by mason, then reversed again to the left with clayton. Most so-called double reverses aren't double reverses because the QB just hands off for the "end-around", but Flacco actually started moving left so the initial give to mason was a reverse.

6. Re: For those arguing about the Clayton TD

Are we still on this??

I call it a TD and that is what it will stay!:hammer:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic View Post
    Are we still on this??
    It's fun to restart amusing debates.

I think Easterbrook had a point about the distance behind the LOS, you try that kind of play against a D with some hussle and you're gonna get stopped well behind the line.

In 2006 Clayton had 7 rushes for MINUS 30 yards. His longest attempt was THREE YARDS. Most of those were end arounds. How about that double reverse!!! :happyanim

Wink Re: For those arguing about the Clayton TD

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    I was wondering why they didn't give the ball to Figurs, the fastest man on the team. He's a receiver too.
    Two words: stone hands.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I really don't care if it was a Reverse, Double Reverse, or the oft talked about but rarely seen Iron Lotus. All I care about is that it was a TOUCHDOWN!!!

BTW, Clayton Manning... Hilarious, thanks for the laugh!
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

WOOHOO! A whole new thread to discuss the same debate ad nauseam! DOUBLE REVERSE LIVES ON!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I love me some double reverse, that is not a double reverse, that is indeed... a double reverse.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!