New Season Predictions

Here's my view on how the season will go after last week.

1. Bengals - Win Obviously

2. Texans - Win,
    -Flacco shows some chinks in the armor but the D is solid and they pull it out.
    - Would have thought this was a loss before last week

3. Browns - Win
    -Ravens play stong at home and win with the running game while not letting up a big play.
    -Would have thought this was a loss before last week

4. Pittsburgh - Loss
    -They are a strong team especially at home and will pressure Flacco into a couple mistakes. Good chance we lose someone on the D in this game or before.

5. Tennesse - Toss up, but I am going to say a win (Would have thought this was a loss before last week)
    - Vince Young will either still be out or just coming back, and the defense will play strong.

6. Indy - Loss
    -Offense is too strong, and their D gets too much pressure.

7. Miami - Win
    -Revenge!

8. Oakland - Win
    - We are at home, and Russell still isn't great. We stuff McFadden and Fargas and make them one demensional.

9. Cleveland - Loss
    -At Cleveland, I think we split the series.

10. Bye

11. New York Giants - Loss
    -Their D is too strong with pressure, and stuffs the running game.
    -Eli does just enough to win

12. Philly - Loss
    -Philly is too strong, Westbrook will frustrate us all day with short catches and YAC.

13. Bengals - Loss
    -We split the series, they pull together a bit as a team.

14. Washington - Win
    -We shut down Portis, and frustrate Campbell all day with pressure.

15. Pittsburgh - Loss
    -The Steelers will be playing for the playoffs at this point and we can't pull it out at home. I hate getting swept.

16. Dallas - Loss
    -Dallas pulls this out but the D looks good on National TV. We just don't do enough on offense.

17. Jacksonville - Loss
    -Jacksonville will be playing for the playoffs and we will not be. Unless they are resting players we lose this game off a good performance from Gerrard and the Jacksonville D.

So I think we finish 7-9 this year but there will be a lot of hope based on some good performances.

All of this depends on the secondary staying reasonably healthy, if not we lose a lot more.

What do you think?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Re: New Season Predictions

Your pretty spot on with every game. But I don't see Cincy pulling together this season. That team is in a downward spiral and we'll take advantage of that.

I think Jacksonville would have locked up their playoff seed by then and will rest their starters or hardly play them. That gives us the win.

So I'm looking at 9-7 or at the very least 8-8.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I think Jacksonville is way over rated and is everyone's love child right now. But their O-line has been hit with the injury bug. I would change that to a win. Cincy is not pulling it together and they hate to be smacked in the mouth. So I would change that to a win. Their is no way we get swept by the Stealturds so I change that to a win, taking us from 7-9 to 10-6 and making the playoffs. "We want Flacco!" "We want Flacco!!!!!"
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

I really hope that they don't lose 7 of their last 8 games.

Did you see Indy play before you wrote this? Defense looks half it's former strength... I think we have a chance! We WON'T be swept by the Beamy village people, and we CAN win against the Jags. We WILL beat Cincy in Cincy. I predict 9-7 or 10-6. Boy the purple Kool-aid is a great elixir!!!

I love how people make these "educated predictions" like they have any idea what will happen. Take it week to week. Injuries and upsets happen and you can't tell how it will play out this far out.

I'd say right now we finish anywhere from 16-0 to 1-15.

Of course anything can happen, it's still fun to try and guess and then look back after the season and see how your predictions stood up.

Don't be a Debbie Downer.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I love how people make these "educated predictions" like they have any idea what will happen. Take it week to week. Injuries and upsets happen and you can't tell how it will play out this far out.

I'd say right now we finish anywhere from 16-0 to 1-15.
    Your right this league changes so much from week to week. But its still fun to make predictions.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I said 10-6 before the season, and i'm sticking with it. I thought the D would play lights out this year because of contract year.

I say 2 loses before the bye. But after will be a test. I just hope the hard camp don't wear us down.

If week 1 showed us anything, it is that anything can happen. The injury factor is so huge it really seems ridiculous to only have 53 players.

The power rankings fluctuate like crazy week to week, but I would say the Ravens just shot up to the top 5 in the AFC.

1. Stillers
    2. Broncos
    3. Bills
    4. Ravens
    5. Titans (looked better without Vince Uncle Rico Young, even though I still think he will be very good as long as his legs hold up he passes well enough)

6. SD
    7. Jets
    8. Colts
    9. ? Miami looked best in defeat among the rest
    10. Jags looked as over rated as the Clowns and Bungles

11. Re: New Season Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post

4. Pittsburgh - Loss
    -They are a strong team especially at home and will pressure Flacco into a couple mistakes. Good chance we lose someone on the D in this game or before.

6. Indy - Loss
    -Offense is too strong, and their D gets too much pressure.

9. Cleveland - Loss
    -At Cleveland, I think we split the series.

13. Bengals - Loss
    -We split the series, they pull together a bit as a team.

15. Pittsburgh - Loss
    -The Steelers will be playing for the playoffs at this point and we can't pull it out at home. I hate getting swept.

17. Jacksonville - Loss
    -Jacksonville will be playing for the playoffs and we will not be. Unless they are resting players we lose this game off a good performance from Gerrard and the Jacksonville D.
    I think you fell off your rocker!!

4 & 15- Pissburg is really not that good and we usually win at least 1 of the 2 games stop giving them to much credit!

6 - Have you seen Indy this year? Enough said Manning is hurting and he will not make it through the season with his defense hurting so bad!

9- hahahaha that just made me laugh! They look like shit!Jamal will not help them as much as he did last year his age is catching up to him and has been since he was in B-More

13- Ocho Stinko & Company gave us all they had with a healthy team and still got stomped they will not beat us even on their turf!

17- I think we can pull it off, by far on of the toughest games to call, it depends on who is healthy and who is not!

There is my 2 cents on your call for the season!:D

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic View Post
    I think you fell off your rocker!!

4 & 15- Pissburg is really not that good and we usually win at least 1 of the 2 games stop giving them to much credit!

6 - Have you seen Indy this year? Enough said Manning is hurting and he will not make it through the season with his defense hurting so bad!

9- hahahaha that just made me laugh! They look like shit!Jamal will not help them as much as he did last year his age is catching up to him and has been since he was in B-More

13- Ocho Stinko & Company gave us all they had with a healthy team and still got stomped they will not beat us even on their turf!

17- I think we can pull it off, by far on of the toughest games to call, it depends on who is healthy and who is not!

There is my 2 cents on your call for the season!:D
    Pittsburgh, you may be right, I just see them having a field day with a rookie QB and an inexperienced OL

Indy will pull it together, too much recent history to believe they will stay as bad as they were last week.

Cleveland, they looked like shit against the Cowboys who are probably the most talented team in the NFL on Offense and Defense now. This is not indicative of the the team. Cleveland has a lot of weapons on offense. Plus it's hard to sweep a division series.

Cinci, you may be right, it is just really hard to sweep a division series. Plus they have had our number in past years. I also don't expect our secondary to be completely intact at this point.

Jacksonville, I am with you and was on the fence about this one. If they are fighting for a wild card they will be tough to beat.