Alex Bannister at KR/PR?

I just remembered that this guy was a Special Teams Pro Bowler with the Seahawks a few years back. Could this be a replacement for Corey Ross?

Re: Alex Bannister at KR/PR?

Billick said they like Cory Ross on KOs, but were considering using someone else for PRs. Mark Clayton would be awesome but he is too valuable. Maybe Bannister will get a shot.

Did Bannister return punts & kicks when he was w/ Seattle or was he a gunner, like Billy Davis was in 2000?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

According to AW, Bannister will be a gunner. He will NOT perform PR or KR duties.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    Mark Clayton would be awesome but he is too valuable.
    That's retarded. Clayton is a weapon, so why not use him? I guess Steve Smith must not be valuable to the Panthers since they use him sometimes for punt returns.

Quote Originally Posted by losac View Post
    That's retarded. Clayton is a weapon, so why not use him? I guess Steve Smith must not be valuable to the Panthers since they use him sometimes for punt returns.
    Well then I guess all 32 coaches in the NFL are "retarded" because they all would same the same thing. (By the way, that is a very offensive saying )

2 words: Jason Sehorn.

Blog Entries

Clayton is a weapon, but we need our PR more for reliable catches and smart thinking, not necessarily returning for TDs.

And the thought of Clayton getting a Sams-like injury, giving away to Clarence Moore becoming part of our receiving rotation is enough to make me decide to not use him there. For us to make it all the way, we need Clayton healthy, so I'd rather not risk it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

He is a gunner, he has limited return or even receiving skills. But is an accomplished Special Teamer on coverage.

And the thought of Clayton getting a Sams-like injury, giving away to Clarence Moore becoming part of our receiving rotation is enough to make me decide to not use him there.
    That Sams-like injury could happen to anyone at any point. Either way if Clayton is going to get hurt, he's going to get hurt. You have to put your best players on the field. If that means Clayton has to return kicks then so be it. Hopefully Ross can step up these last 2 weeks of the season and put an end to the option of Clayton returning kicks.