NFL Network finally on Comcast Southern York County System

Just an FYI. I know this is not a big deal to most of you, but for those of us in Southern York County, PA, we have never had access to the NFLN. Flipping thru the channels tonight I noticed we now have the NFLN on channels 180 & 275 (HD?). I know Comcast charges for it, & I am calling them now to add to my package. Pretty exciting for us north of the border & I guess I'll stop calling them Comcrap. Now they need to add FOX 45 to the system & we'll be covered for those NFC home games.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Re: NFL Network finally on Comcast Southern York County System

I've had NFL network since day 1.
    Direct TV.

Thumbs up Re: NFL Network finally on Comcast Southern York County System

Quote Originally Posted by POPSinPA View Post
    I've had NFL network since day 1.
    Direct TV.
    So. York Co. here also and also had it with the DISH net.
    I get home from work @ 3:00 AM and its nice to catch some of the replays they show

OK, I should have said on Comcast because you are both correct, it has been available via satelite for years. Just has always been a fight w/ 1st Adelphia & then when they were gone Comcast. It has always been strange to me that you can get the NFLN on most Comcast sytems but it wasn't even offered on the Southern York system. I'm just excited to finally be able to see all the programs I see some talking about on here. I feel like I'm in the club now!!

Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Pretty exciting for us north of the border & I guess I'll stop calling them Comcrap.
    Still Comcrap to me! Charging $4.99/month for a channel that costs them 75 cents/month per household is crap. Yes I know you get 6 other channels for the $5/month but they are channels that nobody watches.

I only get EPSN HD about 50% of the time and the picture on my analog channels is horrible. They came out to fix it and the fix lasted 1 hour. Not to add their moronic customer service people. Damn it where is my FIOS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    Still Comcrap to me! Charging $4.99/month for a channel that costs them 75 cents/month per household is crap. Yes I know you get 6 other channels for the $5/month but they are channels that nobody watches.

I only get EPSN HD about 50% of the time and the picture on my analog channels is horrible. They came out to fix it and the fix lasted 1 hour. Not to add their moronic customer service people. Damn it where is my FIOS!!!!
    I hear ya Kev. I'm calling Comcast this week and either they drop the price or I'm going to DirectTV. FIOS won't be in Carroll County till like 2015...I can't even get DSL. I just bought a new Samsung HD LCD and it's coming on Friday...can't wait to use it.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

OK, your right their still Comcrap, although the analog picture has gotten better over the summer. I know they did a lot of work around New Freedom in the last year. As far as the price, you are correct too. That is the basis of the whole lawsuit between the NFL & Comcast. The NFL wants the channel on basic & Comcrap puts it on the digital tier to make xtra $$. It's sad they just added the Big 10 network to basic but not NFL. & I think it's next year the MLB network is coming & they have no problem w/ the cable companies because they offered them an ownership stake in the network to help smooth the placing of the channel unlike the NFL who has chosen to fight the cable companies.

They still need to add FOX 45 to our system so when the Ravens are playing an NFC team at home the game will be on 40 miles from the stadium.