Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wink Re: Flacco gets the start against Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Doesn't the stadium there have a retractable roof anyway?
    There will be no people to put in the seats if Houston is evacuated. Moreover, if Houston is subject to hurricane winds at gametime, would they even want to close the roof out of fear of damage?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Flacco gets the start against Houston

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves with the O-line people. They performed well against the Cincinnati Bungles...Nothing more, nothing less.

This is the same team that allowed the slow-of-foot Flacco to run 38-yards virtually untouched to the endzone.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Flacco can stay upright against the Texans, who are a pedestrian team overall, but have a few guys on the D-line who can ball.
    I totally agree. We are getting way too ahead of ourselves. We just played the Bengals, a trashy and unbalanced team. I have faith in Flacco and our O-line, but lets see how they look for when we face off against teams like Indi, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and Dallas. The Bengals really never had a good pass rush in the first place. I'M SO SCARED THAT WE WILL LOSE TO HOUSTON. BUT, IMAGINE HOW GREAT 2-0 WILL FEEL!!!!!!!
    :D ;) :D

For those making the trip to H-Town ....

Looks like Ike made a left turn over night and is now on target for Browsville.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphi...144313W_sm.gif

Losac, yes the roof is retractable but they wont put people in that place if the Hurricane is over the city. During Hurricane Rita, parts of the roof fell down on the field.

I am usually not one to question our FO, but I think at this point we need Harbaugh to just come out and declare Flacco the starter for the year.

I understand this was supposed to be a competition, but by default he won and has now won 1 game and we should win this week as well.

I just wonder if saying each week he has earned another start is the right move over just naming him the starter for the year, or if they fell that making him earn each start is better for him....Just curious more than anything. I just think if Smith were to be healthy next week and we win this game and then put Smith in, it will hurt him more than it will help him JMO.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

5. Re: Flacco gets the start against Houston

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post

We are all with you Joe.The stage is yours.
    Can I just step in and say I love this picture beyond words. It is my background on my PC!

Ok now back to regular forum chat!!

Don't go buying SB tickets, but don't try to deny the Bungles as a big win.

They played pretty well and made just about every play they had a chance to. They forced the fumbles on Heap and Rice. They also had a few nice plays on offense between beatings. Palmer took shot after shot and got up throwing.

That was not a bad team we beat on Sunday. They are the Bungles and all but they had a pretty impressive win streak going against us and a better record last year. They played a lot better on D than I expected. The Bungle backers wore down, but they were pretty stout early, keeping the YPC low and the TEs in check. The corners played very well, and I have seen Odom and Geathers play well in the past. They were not a couple of bums our tackles shut out, but they are no Super Mario.

I doubt many fantasy football players are dumping Palmer Ocho or TJ from the starting lineups, they just may think about benching whoever is playing the Ravens defense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I doubt many fantasy football players are dumping Palmer Ocho or TJ from the starting lineups, they just may think about benching whoever is playing the Ravens defense though.
    I had Palmer and I lost by 1 fricking point this week.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    I had Palmer and I lost by 1 fricking point this week.
    Same here.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    No brainer. With his start against Houston, Flacco would then have just as many starts as Smith. Unless he plays his way out of the job, it's now his.
    I agree with Losac this is a no brainer. Flacco showed some leadership and the team is looking for a spark to have them play better then they are. Taking Joe out now would stop this team from growing. It has been so many years since the Ravens have had a offense to talk about. Don't change it unless it's broken.

I am looking forward to this week's game much more than last weeks. I am moving from feeling "certain of defeat" to being "cautiously optimistic".