Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Things

10 Things

1) Before the season started there was a lot of talk on the sports stations regarding Ozzie Newsome and the recent drafts. Some were saying he hasn't had a good draft since Savage left to go to Cleveland. Wonder if we will still hear that talk.

2)The tag team of Rice and McLain will have defenses screaming no mas by the 4th quarter.

3) On the NFL network they pointed out how the bungles were doggin it on the run by Clayton. Don't be surprised if Marvin Lewis doesn't make it through the year it's never the owners fault.

4) The media darlings of the AFC North the Browns looked no better than the Bengals. If they continue to play like that look for a major meltdown in Cleveland. The crowd should be screaming Quinn's name by the third home game.

5) The special team look so much better this year. And Figurs is now a force on both sides of the ball for special teams.

6) One issue might be Stover; the field seems to be getting longer for him.

7)The Colts look bad:D they can still throw it, but they have lost a lot on defense. Look for that to be one empty stadium near the end of the year.

8)Whats better a defense that doesn't kill itself with stupid penalties or an offense that plays with tempo.

9)Do you think Harbaugh is a little bit like Belechik all week long we are wondering who is going to be able to play and boom like majic they show up on Sunday.

10) Dick's is having a 90% off sale on McGahee jerseys ; Willis Who.

Re: 10 Things

I would like to add the following...

Offensive ball control and Time of Possession.

Think of how much better our defense is going to be throughout the entire season if the D stays off the field. Not only will they dominate even more than they do already, but they will put the hammer down!!:hammer:

I would revise #2 to add Neal....
    if the Ravens have the lead in the 4th quarter the big-back combination of McClain & Neal will wear out defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by PD101 View Post
    5) The special team look so much better this year. And Figurs is now a force on both sides of the ball for special teams.

5. The ST was flying out there. Figurs looks poised and running well.

6. The kid we just signed (Hauschka) had some nice KOs too. Might need to bring him in for those longer FGs.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    I would revise #2 to add Neal....
    if the Ravens have the lead in the 4th quarter the big-back combination of McClain & Neal will wear out defenses.
    For sure, and if Willis can provide what he has in the past, then that worn out D will have the fresh legs of Rice to contend with.
    I can see his quick juke even more effective when arms start reaching for him because bodies are moving slower.

Leg strength certainly didn't seem to be a problem during the Vikings preseason game. He hit some long ones both in game and during warmups.

He can do 47 yards, easily. It looked to me like he simply mis-hit it. Happens to the best of them.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Stover has started the last few seasons rusty... he knows how to correct

Stover's % has to worse Opening Day than at any other time, I can think of him misssing FG's in Opening Day '99 @ StL, the year we opened in Carolina, one of the Openers vs Pitt in Balt, goo d to get it out of the way

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    Stover's % has to worse Opening Day than at any other time, I can think of him misssing FG's in Opening Day '99 @ StL, the year we opened in Carolina, one of the Openers vs Pitt in Balt, goo d to get it out of the way
    I think he also missed 3 in the opener vs. the Colts in '05.

Stover's miss was just a shank. It really had nothing to do with length.

We desperately need a receiver that can catch and stretch the field. I would give up a first rounder for Boldin right now. It's not like we would find a better WR in the first round next year.

Blog Entries

The interesting connection between Harbaugh and Belichick is that while we were "vetting" Harbaugh, Belichick called us to reccomend him...even though he had never worked with Harbaugh. Basically, he went off his reputation and tried to tell Bisciotti that hiring a ST guy to be a HC was not a bad move. But I think someone mentioned that Harbaugh liked the Belichick method of disguising injuries and keeping the other team guessing.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

me personally i have been thinking that it might be time to look for a young leg to come in for stover and be ready to take the job soon.he is only getting older.im not saying he isnt consistent or he is bad just that soon his time is gonna run out and i would like to have someone learn from one of the best in the game when he is gone.......

as for the new guy i thought he did ok.i still would like to see some shots in the back of then endzone but our ST will be fine,i think.