Smash Mouth Football

I don't know about the rest of you, but I certainly enjoy Cam's fondness of stuffing the ball down the opponents throats!! Going into the game I was concerned not only of Cmac's play at corner (which btw was simply outstanding, given his lack of preparedness during the preseason - kudos Cmac, and Reed as well!), but the play of the O-line. Well, as it turns out, I was wrong on both counts. That line will only get better, and with the acquisition of Anderson, this unit will likely become one of the many pleasant surprises this year - I'm convinced of it! I love playing Smash-Mouth football, and can't wait to smash the ball down Pissburgh's throats!

Go O-LINE! That interior unit is likely to become one of the best in the league as they continue to play togther!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: Smash Mouth Football

ditto. the line was getting a 3yard push and the backs were stealing three more. reminds me of the old Giants teams; Sims would look over at Parcells and he'd make a motion like he was shooting his watch--kill the clock--and the Ravens had just enough of a passing game they couldn't stack the line.
    outstanding job by all--and remember, the Bengals were favored by two!
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Re: Smash Mouth Football

I'm looking forward to when Willis is fully healthy. Seeing stuff like an unbalanced line in use, a fullback leading a fullback on a running play, like the LOS moving forward uniformly instead of the middle caving... that was a joy to behold.

I'm not going overboard on this win, the Bengals are bad, but we looked pretty good and could have really put it to them if everyone was on their game. Hopefully as the season goes on Flacco getting more reps and those that missed most of the pre-season getting more playing time will help ramp up the progress.

I still don't think were are a playoff team, but I don't think we'll get embarrased.