Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

It was a great first step. Almost perfect actually. Far more than any of us were expecting.

But it was just the first step of many. And it was the Bengals D.

But I think every fan left that stadium happy for Flacco. It was a great feeling when the "lets go flacco" chants built up.

I was glad I was able to be there for that. I felt really proud for him. I hear he has been getting heckled about it in the lockeroom since though :)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I absolutely think the guy is for real. And, our new coaches have installed plays that our previous O-Line could not execute. Can you say SCREEN PASS??

And how bout that running touchdown? Gives the opposition something to think about hey?

And how bout that O-Line play. How long has it been since we've seen that? I thought going into the game today that our guy was going to get killed. Instead, they kept the D-line at bay and picked up the blitz pretty well.
    the O-lines play was HUGE. I remember Bazooka in that exhibition game (Vikings?) and all anyone talked about was how awful he was. well, they had the 5th-string line in there. what a difference. compare his stats (and performance) with CPalmers; line play was all the difference.
    this isn't meant to disparage JFlacc; he stayed within himself, made good throws, threw it away when needed, didn't get petulant about drops. only reason Ravens ran so well is they were able to complete those passes.
    I'm REAL, REAL optimistic about Bazooka.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Making a judgement about whether Joe Flacco is a true NFL quarterback after one regular season start makes about as much sense as Art Schlichter running for Mayor of Las Vegas...

Worst case scenario, Flacco has a tough time adjusting to NFL defenses, loses his confidence and becomes Chris Redman.

Almost as bad a scenario, Flacco becomes a serviceable journeyman who never quite reaches that "next level"...

Better case scenario, Flacco continues to improve and with the weapons currently around him on offense, becomes the 2K version of Bert Jones.

Best case scenario, we continue to build our O-line, pick up a few big-play receivers and Flacco evolves into a field general of Unitas-esque proportions...

I didn't add the scenarios where an injury occurs because I don't want to bring that kind of negative thinking into the equation!

Flacco had protection Boller never had. If that keeps up, he'll do well.
    Al

"Unitas and Bert Jones"

Who would have thought it.. I may get to see another real QB in Btown..

Flaaco looks great, I dont think we coujld have asked for a better rookie this draft! GO RAVENS!!