Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31

    Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback



    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Ummm.

    Why would you exepect that?

    The Flacco era has begun.

    PP

    Look, I'm every bit scared as others to have T. Smith as our starter but I don't want Flacco demolished by the likes of the Steelers. Besided Harb's has been clear so far that Flacco was in because he was the only healthy QB. Based on that and the past history with starting QB's from day one here I expect the coaching staff to take a very conservative approach to bringing Flacco along. I think it is still the best way to go.




  2. #32

    Wink Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Puppy View Post
    Look, I'm every bit scared as others to have T. Smith as our starter but I don't want Flacco demolished by the likes of the Steelers. Besided Harb's has been clear so far that Flacco was in because he was the only healthy QB. Based on that and the past history with starting QB's from day one here I expect the coaching staff to take a very conservative approach to bringing Flacco along. I think it is still the best way to go.
    I'd be more concerned about the 5' 11" 200 pound dehydrated & malnourished Smith getting demolished by the grownups who play in the NFL than the 6' 6" 230 pound Flacco.

    In any event: Smith is history. We will be riding Flacco's strong right arm from here on out.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  3. #33

    Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    In any event: Smith is history. We will be riding Flacco's strong right arm from here on out.
    No doubt about it.

    Some moron reporter asked Harbaugh if Flacco would be the starter this week and it's somehow turned into a debate.

    I'd like to ask the reporter who he thought would replace Flacco vs Houston and why.

    His press credentials should've been pulled immediately after he asked the question.

    PP




  4. #34

    Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Puppy View Post
    Look, I'm every bit scared as others to have T. Smith as our starter but I don't want Flacco demolished by the likes of the Steelers. Besided Harb's has been clear so far that Flacco was in because he was the only healthy QB. Based on that and the past history with starting QB's from day one here I expect the coaching staff to take a very conservative approach to bringing Flacco along. I think it is still the best way to go.
    You don't pull a QB because you're scared of what a team like Pittsburgh "might do" to him. Mario Williams could crush him on Sunday. Kamerion Wimbley could crush him in 2 weeks.

    You are right, Flacco is starting because our Boller's injury and Smith's illness.

    But now that it's happened, there's no turning back. The guy is our starter and will be barring injury.

    PP




  5. #35

    Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    You don't pull a QB because you're scared of what a team like Pittsburgh "might do" to him. Mario Williams could crush him on Sunday. Kamerion Wimbley could crush him in 2 weeks.

    You are right, Flacco is starting because our Boller's injury and Smith's illness.

    But now that it's happened, there's no turning back. The guy is our starter and will be barring injury.

    PP
    Thank you.

    And who's to say BTW that we put Smith in at QB against Pittsburgh and HE doesn't get wrecked for life? It's not like Smith has that much more NFL experience than Flacco. And really after the Houston game they'll have the same number of starts.

    Joe Flacco should start until he proves otherwise he can't. Period. It doesn't matter how we got to this point. But we did. And now it's time to ride that as far as we can.




  6. #36

    Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Thank you.

    And who's to say BTW that we put Smith in at QB against Pittsburgh and HE doesn't get wrecked for life? It's not like Smith has that much more NFL experience than Flacco. And really after the Houston game they'll have the same number of starts.

    Joe Flacco should start until he proves otherwise he can't. Period. It doesn't matter how we got to this point. But we did. And now it's time to ride that as far as we can.
    If you played QB in HS against my team, there was a good chance you would be leaving the game in an ambulance. We routinley beat teams 40-0 and broke something along the way. I stopped playing even though I was one of the top local prospects because a guy had to be helicoptered off with a severly broken neck in my last game.

    There is a lot of risk all the time for everyone involved even at the lower levels of football. Palmer was a lot more vunerable than Flacco to an injury Sunday, but they could always blow a tendon doing a non contact 7 on 7 drill in practice or get some sort of crazy infection. You can also get a stray lead shower walking down the street around the stadium so you just have to take your chances.

    Troy Smith beat the same Steeler rush that knocked out McNair and beat up Boller. Troy has really good pocket skills and wheels, but the way Joe can throw is incredible. I think we have 2 really good prospects and the price and draft status will allow us to keep both of them long enough to find out what they can do.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North VA
    Posts
    67

    Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

    It was a great first step. Almost perfect actually. Far more than any of us were expecting.

    But it was just the first step of many. And it was the Bengals D.

    But I think every fan left that stadium happy for Flacco. It was a great feeling when the "lets go flacco" chants built up.

    I was glad I was able to be there for that. I felt really proud for him. I hear he has been getting heckled about it in the lockeroom since though




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,979

    Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I absolutely think the guy is for real. And, our new coaches have installed plays that our previous O-Line could not execute. Can you say SCREEN PASS??

    And how bout that running touchdown? Gives the opposition something to think about hey?

    And how bout that O-Line play. How long has it been since we've seen that? I thought going into the game today that our guy was going to get killed. Instead, they kept the D-line at bay and picked up the blitz pretty well.
    the O-lines play was HUGE. I remember Bazooka in that exhibition game (Vikings?) and all anyone talked about was how awful he was. well, they had the 5th-string line in there. what a difference. compare his stats (and performance) with CPalmers; line play was all the difference.
    this isn't meant to disparage JFlacc; he stayed within himself, made good throws, threw it away when needed, didn't get petulant about drops. only reason Ravens ran so well is they were able to complete those passes.
    I'm REAL, REAL optimistic about Bazooka.
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




  9. #39

    Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

    Making a judgement about whether Joe Flacco is a true NFL quarterback after one regular season start makes about as much sense as Art Schlichter running for Mayor of Las Vegas...

    Worst case scenario, Flacco has a tough time adjusting to NFL defenses, loses his confidence and becomes Chris Redman.

    Almost as bad a scenario, Flacco becomes a serviceable journeyman who never quite reaches that "next level"...

    Better case scenario, Flacco continues to improve and with the weapons currently around him on offense, becomes the 2K version of Bert Jones.

    Best case scenario, we continue to build our O-line, pick up a few big-play receivers and Flacco evolves into a field general of Unitas-esque proportions...

    I didn't add the scenarios where an injury occurs because I don't want to bring that kind of negative thinking into the equation!

    UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!




  10. #40

    Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

    Flacco had protection Boller never had. If that keeps up, he'll do well.
    Al




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Jersey Shore, Pa
    Posts
    30

    Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

    "Unitas and Bert Jones"

    Who would have thought it.. I may get to see another real QB in Btown..




  12. #42

    Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

    Flaaco looks great, I dont think we coujld have asked for a better rookie this draft! GO RAVENS!!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland