Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 34
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,968
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The NEW Ravens and the media



    Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Of course Jerome Bettis on NBC wasn't kind in their "Stupid name for a Football Highlight Show in America", although I thought Collingsworth's joke about Ocho Sinko wasn't a name change but the total yards the Bengals offense would get was funny. The Sirius NFL channel was critical of the Bengals & really didn't give the Ravens proper credit. They basically accused the Bengals of lying down for the Ravens. We're going to have to win & win & win to get respect. Beating the chosen golden child of the AFC North in 2 weeks (didn't they look like crap today vs. Dallas?) & then punching the Sqeelers in the mouth the end of the month will help get that respect.
    Yeah, but that is not a bad thing! Look at it like this: if we aren't respected, then nobody will see us coming!!!




  2. #14

    Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

    Half the national NFL media is from Ohio or PA, or NY. They did not give the 2006 any love, but this team could be better by the playoffs than that one.




  3. #15

    Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

    The media is irrelevant to how the Ravens will go about their business this season.

    I'm more interested in how the referees view the Ravens.

    And Todd Heap, I'm giving you a pass this time since we won, but another couple of putrid performances like you had today and you will be OFFICIALLY on the clock!

    UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!




  4. Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

    Talk about no respect in the media....Look how f up'ed this is:

    NFL TV Coverage Map for Opening Day 1pm games:

    http://the506.com/nflmaps/2008-01-CBS.html

    The Ravens game wasnt shown hardly anywhere in the local region except right in central MD/eastern shore and in parts of Ohio and Ky!

    This never concerned me much before but now that im in PA 1 mile over the live, this would suck if i couldnt watch a game. Ive never seen the coverage map that little for our game before.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-More, hon!
    Posts
    179

    Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens45 View Post
    How many times is that douche gonna say that? "I'm gonna hit em in the mouth..." And it's always the same end result- the Ravens D jacks him up all night long. I hate Chad Johnson.
    LOL wow, hate is a strong word. keep in mind, CJ loves to talk trash because he is friends with a lot of guys on our team, particularly defense. So he just loves to hear himself talk but I don't think he thinks folks take it seriously.

    But back to the topic, Chris Berman was on ESPN doing a SC Live show (almost like PrimeTime, but they are calling it something else lol) and he said he was happy for Baltimore, he kept saying "good for them", in winning in the new era we have. NFLN also had some positive feedback as well, which was refreshing
    Waiting for the next one!!!




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    1,146

    Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    Talk about no respect in the media....Look how f up'ed this is:

    NFL TV Coverage Map for Opening Day 1pm games:

    http://the506.com/nflmaps/2008-01-CBS.html

    The Ravens game wasnt shown hardly anywhere in the local region except right in central MD/eastern shore and in parts of Ohio and Ky!

    This never concerned me much before but now that im in PA 1 mile over the live, this would suck if i couldnt watch a game. Ive never seen the coverage map that little for our game before.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Southern PA TV. I don't know if you have Comcast or satelite, but WHP from Harrisburg picked the Stillers game over the Ravens game. Since Harrisburg is a Ravens secondary market, when the Ravens are home, they can show whatever game they want. I have friends that live in Red Lion, Dallastown, York who didn't get to see the Ravens game because Comcast doesn't have the Baltimore stations on the cable system in the York area. All the Pissburgh fans in Harrisburg whine & cry & this POS TV station puts the Stillers on whenever the Ravens are home. Being in Southern York County, we are lucky. We get 2 CBS, NBC & ABC stations. My wife was able to watch the game on WJZ, but we don't get the Baltimore stations in HD, just the Harrisburg stations. You will also find when the Ravens are home vs. an NFC team, the game is on FOX. We only get 1 FOX station out of Harrisburg & they show the Eagles all the time. If the Eagles aren't playing the same time as the Ravens they will show the Ravens. I am putting in an OTA antenna to pull in FOX 45 so this will fix that problem.


    My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

    Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,968
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

    Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Southern PA TV. I don't know if you have Comcast or satelite, but WHP from Harrisburg picked the Stillers game over the Ravens game. Since Harrisburg is a Ravens secondary market, when the Ravens are home, they can show whatever game they want. I have friends that live in Red Lion, Dallastown, York who didn't get to see the Ravens game because Comcast doesn't have the Baltimore stations on the cable system in the York area. All the Pissburgh fans in Harrisburg whine & cry & this POS TV station puts the Stillers on whenever the Ravens are home. Being in Southern York County, we are lucky. We get 2 CBS, NBC & ABC stations. My wife was able to watch the game on WJZ, but we don't get the Baltimore stations in HD, just the Harrisburg stations. You will also find when the Ravens are home vs. an NFC team, the game is on FOX. We only get 1 FOX station out of Harrisburg & they show the Eagles all the time. If the Eagles aren't playing the same time as the Ravens they will show the Ravens. I am putting in an OTA antenna to pull in FOX 45 so this will fix that problem.
    I live in Hanover, so I know where you're coming from. Thats why I have NFL Sunday Ticket!!




  8. #20

    Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

    i don't think the players mind not getting the attention, or at least it fires them up more.

    i feel like they enjoy playing with a chip on their shoulders, (especially the defense) and if the media keeps saying theyre going to fall apart, it'll give them motivation to prove them wrong.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sparks, MD
    Posts
    621

    Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

    This "us against the world" attitude was greatly encouraged by Billick and his paranoia grew to the proportions of the X-Files fifth season by the end.

    I'm not sure that Harbaugh is going to go in this direction. See him as much more of a positive person who is not going to encourage that type of behavior that spiraled into the Detroit game among other things.




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sparks, MD
    Posts
    621

    Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

    This "us against the world" attitude was greatly encouraged by Billick and his paranoia grew to the proportions of the X-Files fifth season by the end.

    I'm not sure that Harbaugh is going to go in this direction. I see him as much more of a positive person who is not going to encourage that type of behavior that spiraled into the Detroit game among other things.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    So Cali
    Posts
    774

    Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

    Dude, it isn't (or wasn't) just a Billick paranoia... Out there (near B-town) you get decent semi positive Ravens news... outside that area we may as well play in the CFL... so sad but true.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    Dude, it isn't (or wasn't) just a Billick paranoia... Out there (near B-town) you get decent semi positive Ravens news... outside that area we may as well play in the CFL... so sad but true.


    Not exactly. We don't get a ton of press because we're a relatively small market team. Not to mention the national media loves the big time QB's with sexy offenses, so teams like the Colts, Patriots, Cowboys and Giants get all the attention. I think around the nation the perception of the Ravens is what it has been for the entire Billick era - great defense and mediocre to bad offense with bad QB play.

    Billick played up the whole "us against the world" mentality for his entire reign. It worked in the 2000 Super Bowl run, but did wear thin after. And like it or not, the way the national media treated the Ravens did have something to do with Billick's condescending attitude starting with the 2000 playoffs. He talks to reporters like he's the smartest man in the room, so I guess those reporters liked to point out how this so-called offensive genius could never develop a decent offense or QB in 9 years.

    Hopefully the Harbaugh/Flacco era will help change that perception.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland