Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The NEW Ravens and the media

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    ...They did not give the 2006 any love, but this team could be better by the playoffs than that one.
    I completely agree - this team (IF it stays healthy) should be better than that team for several reasons: 1) Defense will be as good (if not better) than that unit; 2) Offense will definitely be better (with the possible exception of the QB); 3) Coaching will be much better.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Hopefully the Harbaugh/Flacco era will help change that perception.
    this we can agree on...

But even after the 13-3 year or 2000 etc... we get no love...

Guess I just get tired of the fact that ever out here I can fine a squeeler bar or a brownstain bar... but in 4+ years I've only met 5ish Ravens fans...

I need more to make the first California Roost darnit!
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    Guess I just get tired of the fact that ever out here I can fine a squeeler bar or a brownstain bar... but in 4+ years I've only met 5ish Ravens fans...
    :

Chalk that up to Pittsburgh and Cleveland being such lousy, depressing, grim places to live that people move away, but retain their loyalties. People stay in Bmore and this is definitely Ravenstown!

I don't think the out of town media thinks anymore of us. After listening to many this week I think they think we just beat a bad team in the Bengals.

I hope we can make all of them eat crow real soon.

SS,

With respect, I disagree.

The media here is pretty much chalking this up as a loss for the Texans. Simply put, they are very concerned for our D, in particular our LB's. There is a story in the Houston Chronicle that is basically all about Ray. The other big story is how are they going to establish the running game. Without the ability to pound it on the ground, they will have to rely on Schaub and their lone stud WR -- Andre Johnson.

All it will take is a simple double-team on Johnson and a constant blitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    I don't think the out of town media thinks anymore of us. After listening to many this week I think they think we just beat a bad team in the Bengals.

I hope we can make all of them eat crow real soon.

Not even a mention about the Bungles were favored and pretty much intact.
    The Ravens did not get nearly as many lucky breaks as they did and still beat one of "the best QBs" into a more pitiful production than the previous playcaller here in harm city produced.

I doubt Kyle Boller ever had a day quite that bad. Somehow the fact that the Ravens normally make the all pro QB they face play worse than Kyle or who ever we have at QB is over looked. That does not even really bother me until they start slurping on some other teams defense and not even a mention of the Ravens.

The Ravens style has always been to ugly up the game, slow it down and beat you up. The way our defense makes Qbs who we know are good look, I find it somewhat annoying that we never like to credit the other teams defensive efforts.
    The Bungle defense played pretty well. They bent but did not break very often, and made almost every play they had a chance to.
    The Ravens left a lot more plays on the turf than the Bungles did. Suggs should have had at least on pick and they over ran a few sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I completely agree - this team (IF it stays healthy) should be better than that team for several reasons: 1) Defense will be as good (if not better) than that unit; 2) Offense will definitely be better (with the possible exception of the QB); 3) Coaching will be much better.
    Let me understand this. You're saying that Flacco will not be as good as Dilfer was in 2000? Wha... Huh?... Did you watch some other games than I did in 2000? Dilfer? WTF? We won in spite of him... not because of. AND imo, Flacco was a major "because of" in Sunday's game!... And don't look now, but HE will get better!!!!:hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Let me understand this. You're saying that Flacco will not be as good as Dilfer was in 2000? Wha... Huh?... Did you watch some other games than I did in 2000? Dilfer? WTF? We won in spite of him... not because of. AND imo, Flacco was a major "because of" in Sunday's game!... And don't look now, but HE will get better!!!!:hammer:
    Read the ORIGINAL post - it read, "They did not give the 2006 any love, but this team could be better by the playoffs than that one".....
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Chalk that up to Pittsburgh and Cleveland being such lousy, depressing, grim places to live that people move away, but retain their loyalties. People stay in Bmore and this is definitely Ravenstown!
    Yeah, in spite of living smack between Disneyland the the beach... If The Wife(tm) and I won the lottery we'd move back

If for nothing else we miss Purple.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    SS,

With respect, I disagree.

The media here is pretty much chalking this up as a loss for the Texans. Simply put, they are very concerned for our D, in particular our LB's. There is a story in the Houston Chronicle that is basically all about Ray. The other big story is how are they going to establish the running game. Without the ability to pound it on the ground, they will have to rely on Schaub and their lone stud WR -- Andre Johnson.

All it will take is a simple double-team on Johnson and a constant blitz.
    That's really funny cause Vegas has the line (last I checked, before the news that the game's location may have to change due to Ike) at Balt +4.5.

- C -