Thread: Kudos Ben M

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Kudos Ben M

UKRaven, Ben M tried ringing you before kickoff.But had trouble and got through to me.I thought it was work,but Ben stunned the hell out of me phoning from the beloved tailgate where we sung our hearts out.

I must admit Ben you got me fired up better than any coach's speech.before kickoff.

A big big thanks for the call. And as I said I will be watching on the pc in HD,
    on NFL Gamepass HD live all season long.So that noise better be the usual 747 takeoff level at M&T.

:happyanim At the tailgates for 08.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Re: Kudos Ben M

Well done Ben, that's a class move or were you just making us jealous?

Just saw this. No problem - it was a beautiful day and reminded me of the tailgate two years previously for the Oakland game. There was no celery present on this occasion but the crowd were pretty loud all day.

Hope to see you lot for a tailgate in 09! :celery

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Just saw this. No problem - it was a beautiful day and reminded me of the tailgate two years previously for the Oakland game. There was no celery present on this occasion but the crowd were pretty loud all day.

Hope to see you lot for a tailgate in 09! :celery
    '09 Trip in planning - although thanks to our 'government' it will cost a lot more! :celery

Are you coming over here now that the $ is stronger?

Just to add that Vertical Horizon are playing an acoustic show at College Park Maryland on Nov. 1st. That coincides with the away trip to the Browns, so it would not have happened this year.
    That day also is the day Huddersfield RUFC play Hull Ionians RUFC (my old club) in a National Division 3 game.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    '09 Trip in planning - although thanks to our 'government' it will cost a lot more! :celery

Are you coming over here now that the $ is stronger?
    Yes, we're coming over for Christmas. Fly back on the 27th, just in time for the Jags game!

Could you find a hole in your schedule for a meet-up?

Which airports are you using?

Damn - I missed this. Sorry for late reply.

Doesn't look good for meeting up on this trip. Aside from seeing family, I've got a few friends who want to meet but we're only over for 8 days and will be down South with my dad for the first half (from 19 Dec), before going to stay at my mum's on 23 December (up in York), then to Newcastle on Boxing Day to see my sister, before flying back on 27 December. So I'm telling people if you want to meet, you're going to have to come to York!

We might be coming back again sometime in February/March (my dad just today told me he's getting married again!), which could provide a better opportunity to meet up with people.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Damn - I missed this. Sorry for late reply.

We might be coming back again sometime in February/March (my dad just today told me he's getting married again!), which could provide a better opportunity to meet up with people.
    Either way let me know what is best. Obviously York is nearer, but family comes first priority. Keep me informed if your plans change.

Hello All-
    It has been awhile since I have posted (my bad). I see David has kept me on his active list (previous post) so I do not want to disappoint.
    I did take a walk down to Big Ben's tailgate yesterday and hung out with him for a little bit. I got to meet his wife (Karen if I remember correctly) who was very personable (and is a Giants fan as well).
    Another 3 point loss, zebras are killing us and Stover not hitting the long ones. I thought the frustating days of Ravens football were behind us. Oh well, you can't say you don't get your moneys worth.

Good luck at Wembley this year. I wish I could return and meet the rest of the crowd but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is hard to find these days.