Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

For those who went to Tampa in '01..

...and attended the game, how did you get your SB tickets and what did you pay.

I've been stashing some loot away and plan to go with our boys in purple. I'm a little worried about being scammed buying tickets.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Re: For those who went to Tampa in '01..

I wasn't there, but I have friends that went. One guy took his son - they rented an RV since they couldn't get a hotel room anywhere. He paid $3,000 for his tickets ($1,500 per ticket). He has no regrets. He said it was the single greatest experience he ever had and was really glad he could share it with his son.

Wink Re: For those who went to Tampa in '01..

I won't admit to participating , but I heard of Ravens fans who "convinced" stadium employess to let them in for a modest gratuity.

As to buying tickets on the street, my advice is: do not! There was more scamming going on around the Tampa stadium than I had cumulatively seen in my life. A large group of seedy people came out of the woodwork to con people out of their $$$. Thugs and Mafia - no shit. I'll tell you some tales next tailgate party.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Oh, the friend of mine that paid $3,000 got them from a ticket broker. He didn't get them from some guy selling tickets outside the stadium!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I won't admit to participating , but I heard of Ravens fans who "convinced" stadium employess to let them in for a modest gratuity.
    We...I mean they wouldn't get away with that now. Security after 9/11 is just too tight. And it wasn't that modest a gratuity...from what I hear.

6. Re: For those who went to Tampa in '01..

$1,650 a piece from ticket broker. Told them it was a deal only if the tickets were received prior to departure.

As long as we're on this subject...

You folks that actually bought tickets from a broker...
    Was what you paid (Jeff @ $1650.00 / ticket) what the broker was originally asking for the tickets?

Did you have to wheel and deal to get a lower price?

Looking around right now on brokers' web sites they seem to be a hell of alot more than that.

The cheap ones seem to be going for around $3000.00 a piece.

Far too rich for my blood!!

Any contacts that you know of for more reasonably priced tickets?

Anybody here gets contacted that you won the lottery, and have no intention of going, by all means, please contact me!!

I already have air travel and hotel, just need the golden ticket!!:hammer:
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Wink Re: For those who went to Tampa in '01..

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    The cheap ones seem to be going for around $3000.00 a piece.

Far too rich for my blood!!

Any contacts that you know of for more reasonably priced tickets?

Anybody here gets contacted that you won the lottery, and have no intention of going, by all means, please contact me!!

I already have air travel and hotel, just need the golden ticket!!:hammer:
    I tracked brokers' tickets prices for a few years. IIRC, in the past, they seemed to start out high, apparently to attract those fans who have to have everything set very early. Most tickets were in the $1,500 to $2,000 range. Then they would drop or at least level off as the game approached. Then they seemed to go up or down subject to who was playing. I would expect Chicago, NY, Dallas fans to drive up demand. New Orleans, despite their ticket sales resurgence, has a small fan base. Has Green Bay been eliminated?

I recall that I had won an NFL lottery for a game between New England and (I think) St. Louis the year after our SB. The going rate per brokers was around $1,500, so I went to a half dozen sites trying to sell them for $1,200 and couldn't get a nibble. (I ultimately sold them for $1,000 ). I later read that face value tickets were available for that particular game.

I'll probably wind up buying from brokers this year unless I come across something decent beforehand (or win Ravens lottery). It's unlikely that I would buy tickets on the street in Ft. Lauderdale after seeing what it was like in Tampa.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I'll probably wind up buying from brokers this year unless I come across something decent beforehand (or win Ravens lottery).

Alright, keep me in mind when shopping around.
    See if you can get some type of discount for buying 4 or something.
    Obviously contact me before making a transaction.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Fan, I know people who went down there and didn't get tickets, watched the game in Whiskey Joes and still had a great time soaking up the victory. One ended up on MTV winning some gameshow thing :)

Just a thought if you have the hotel and flight.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Raven Lottery. Then flew to Ft. Myers, stayed there before Super Bowl Sunday, then drove to Tampa. Advice would be to stay or fly into a city close by, then drive to the game that day.

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Advice would be to stay or fly into a city close by, then drive to the game that day.

Hotel prices in Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area will be outrageously jacked up..