Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Life could be worse…

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    So has Jameis Winston. Does throwing for 5000 yards mean you are a better QB?

The point was this balbomb poster posts here and trashes the team every day namely Lamar and he is then boasting about Herbert being some great QB when in reality he has not won or done jack shit
    Winston’s 5k season was also 33 tds to 30 ints. Herbert’s was much better

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I’m one of them give him a top half of the league defense and just a top half of the league rushing attack he will be right into the top 5 qbs. He has every tool one can ask for he’s just had two and if you go back to college 3 of the worst possible head coaches. Harbaugh will build the trenches and Harbaugh just wins where every he goes
    Smh. It's been insane to me how some fans defend every QB but their own.

Herbert - "give him a better defense and better run game and watch how well he does"

Burrow - "give him a better o-line and he wins at least 1 superbowl.

Allen - "give him a good run game and a clutch defense and he'll dominate"

Lamar before 2023- "why does he need better WRs or better play calling? A good QB makes everyone around him better. Mahomes does it so why can't he?"

Herbert still had a nasty 15 INTs

lol they both missed the playoffs

Justin Herbert is a fantastic boxcscore QB

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

It still does not mean much to me.

Neither QB Herbert or Winston is moving forward in the playoffs is what matters.

Herbert put up decent stats but so does Kirk Cousins. Neither QB has done anything playoff wise.

Both have had superior WR talent as well

Winston had superior WR talent when he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post

Herbert - "give him a better defense and better run game and watch how well he does"

Lamar before 2023- "why does he need better WRs or better play calling? A good QB makes everyone around him better. Mahomes does it so why can't he?"

Everyone of those QBS had far superior WR talent when they have racked up those yards.

Allen could not hit the broadside of a barn before they traded for Diggs.

I’m one of them give him a top half of the league defense and just a top half of the league rushing attack he will be right into the top 5 qbs. He has every tool one can ask for he’s just had two and if you go back to college 3 of the worst possible head coaches. Harbaugh will build the trenches and Harbaugh just wins where every he goes
    So you are saying it is going to take Jim harbaugh to turn Herbert into a playoff winning QB?

Lets see if they draft a WR with that top 5 pick.

Lets see if they roll into the season with a bunch of scrub WRS and see him still put up those numbers.

The Chargers won only 5 games last year in a division where there was only 1 good team the chiefs.

How could they not win more than 5 games? The Broncos and Raiders have been a dumpster fire for years.

The Ravens last year entered the year with the 2nd toughest schedule in the NFL. They had the toughest division in football last year and probably moving forward where all 4 teams are going to have a winning record.

There is a massive difference in talent between Herbert and Lamar.

Herbert is a decent QB, but he is not anywhere near as good as Lamar from a pure talent standpoint

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post

Mahomes is easily the best QB in the NFL right now, but he also has a top five all time TE in Kelce and the best coach in the league when it comes to passing offenses and coaching up QB's.

The Ravens finally upgraded from Greg Roman's high school passing offense last year, but there's a long way to go before they do things on offense like the Chiefs or 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    So you are saying it is going to take Jim harbaugh to turn Herbert into a playoff winning QB?

Lets see if they draft a WR with that top 5 pick.

Lets see if they roll into the season with a bunch of scrub WRS and see him still put up those numbers.

The Chargers won only 5 games last year in a division where there was only 1 good team the chiefs.

How could they not win more than 5 games? The Broncos and Raiders have been a dumpster fire for years.

The Ravens last year entered the year with the 2nd toughest schedule in the NFL. They had the toughest division in football last year and probably moving forward where all 4 teams are going to have a winning record.

There is a massive difference in talent between Herbert and Lamar.

Herbert is a decent QB, but he is not anywhere near as good as Lamar from a pure talent standpoint
    its not like Herbert is young, he's 26 on a massive contract. Its time to deliver. Lamar came one game short of the superbowl and people want to close the book on him.

Herbert is off his rookie contract and doesnt have a winning record but thats okay, he's still gods gift to Quarterbacking
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    It's weird how I read on this forum that regular season doesn't matter and nobody cares about regular season MVP only playoffs and Superbowl matters but Herbert 's stats for a career losing record is some pinnacle of quarterbacking

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    The interesting part of thinking Herbert is some great QB and Lamar isn't is how well they compare when it comes to averages. Herbert, like Allen, is a volume merchant. Carrer averages for both:

Jackson - 64.6% completions
    Herbert - 66.6 6

Jackson - 5.9% TD
    Herbert - 4.7%

Jackson - 2.1% INTs
    Herbert - 1.7%

Jackson - 7.5 yards per attempt
    Herbert - 7.1

Jackson - 98 career PASSER rating
    Herbert - 95.7

Jackson - 8.7 intended air yards per pass
    Herbert - 7.2

4 - 2 in Lamar's favor for efficiency. That's with worse WRs. That's with a worse passing scheme. That's while being under pressure more (7.41% sack rate for Jackson and 5.09% for Herbert). Keep in mind, since 2021, Austik Ekeler has been more productive than Dobbins, Edwards, and Hill COMBINED.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Mahomes is easily the best QB in the NFL right now, but he also has a top five all time TE in Kelce and the best coach in the league when it comes to passing offenses and coaching up QB's.

The Ravens finally upgraded from Greg Roman's high school passing offense last year, but there's a long way to go before they do things on offense like the Chiefs or 49ers.
    That actually adds to my point. Some of these fans keep saying "if Mahomes could do it why can't Lamar", but then for every other QB it's "well they need better _____"

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post

I agree Mahomes is still the top guy.

But his offense has become Tom Brady Dink and dunk and its easy to see why his stats are there and they are winning.

Mahomes was also dead last in air yards per TD reception at less than 4 yards per throw. They throw all those screen passes and their offense is all about pre snap movement and scheme.

Tyler Huntley would look good throwing 3.5 yard passes if he had played in that scheme.

Blog Entries

another 'bash afc quarterback to make mine look better' thread. how cute

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!