Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Do the Ravens NEED a veteran add on the O Line?

I’m definitely not comfortable with that lineup for an entire game. Although I disagree with significant investment in the line. Outside of linderbaum those are all later round picks. We’ve made significant investment draftwise in edge and wR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    I’m definitely not comfortable with that lineup for an entire game. Although I disagree with significant investment in the line. Outside of linderbaum those are all later round picks. We’ve made significant investment draftwise in edge and wR.
    The Ravens will be running the crap out of the football - so imagine running behind Linderbaum, Cleveland and Falala on the right side with Ricard leading Henry and Lamar threatening the backside. I would imagine that a defense is going to get tired of that real quick

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Thoughts on Andrus Peat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bad

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I bet they roll with what they have and two draft picks

I am serious

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mddisney1 View Post
    I bet they roll with what they have and two draft picks

I am serious

Wouldn't surprise me if that's what they go into camp with though I'll say I think they sign a veteran camp cut or make a late camp trade for one.

It's a lot of unknown protecting your franchise. Basically you'd only feel comfortable counting on Linderbaum.

Remember in 2012 they randomly started Ramon Harewood and quickly had to pivot to Bobbie Williams who they added in June iirc, a few weeks into the season. Eventually led to Osemele I think but my memory is hazy.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if that's what they go into camp with though I'll say I think they sign a veteran camp cut or make a late camp trade for one.

It's a lot of unknown protecting your franchise. Basically you'd only feel comfortable counting on Linderbaum.

Remember in 2012 they randomly started Ramon Harewood and quickly had to pivot to Bobbie Williams who they added in June iirc, a few weeks into the season. Eventually led to Osemele I think but my memory is hazy.
    Yup. I think they'll bring in a low-mid level vet to at least compete with the guys they have and a draft pick or 2. If you recall, Simpson last year was a similar move....he competed with the young guys like Cleveland and Sala and won the job...I expect something similar. Bring in a low-mid level vet to compete with the young guys and see who wins the job.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Bad

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    He used to be really good, I think injuries took down Andrus Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    The Ravens will be running the crap out of the football - so imagine running behind Linderbaum, Cleveland and Falala on the right side with Ricard leading Henry and Lamar threatening the backside. I would imagine that a defense is going to get tired of that real quick
    I’m more so worried about pass pro. I really like Falele when we drafted him. But he has looked way too stiff and gets beat on speed rush way too easy.

What we don’t want is the pocket collapsing all game because of subpar pass blocking. I thought Moses was our best bet at RT. I think Gaurds are easier to find and fill.

Blog Entries

Ryan Mink
    @ryanmink
    Asked Mel Kiper Jr. about OT prospects who could start at RT/G before taking over as a long-term LT. His picks:

Blake Fisher, Notre Dame
    Patrick Paul, Houston
    Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
    Jordan Morgan, Arizona
    Javon Foster, Missouri
    Roger Rosengarten, Washington

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

John Reglarperson has hijacked Cole GWNR's Twitter account.

Kidding aside, I totally agree. The Ravens need a more athletic OL than they've had recently.

Right now I don't know anything. It's said there will be a lot of changes in the OL this upcoming season. What does this mean?

We signed the King. Does this mean we will try to get ahead with the pass and then run the ball more heavily later in games?

Will we become more balanced or will be come more run heavy like the past? What changes does Todd have in mind this season?

If we were to become run heavy again then I have no problems with Cleveland and Faalele on the right side.

If we are more balanced I will have questions about both OT slots especially the RT position.

Do we use Ricard more or 2TE and become more run centric? Do we open up and bring in more WRs?

I think now I am more confused as to what's going to happen. Let's see what happens with the draft first.

In the end I do think we will sign another veteran FA later.

At today's press conference, Harbaugh sounded as if RT was Faalele's job to lose.
    (but they like to hype their young lineman in the off season, last year it was Sala at LG)

Faalele and Cleveland together on the right side would be two tall trees.