Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Moderator Explanation Please

I'm new to all this and want to know What the "Unknown quantity" means and why does it seem that only the people who have a slight opposing views about boller get this recognition on that reputation square?

I've noticed people cursing, and carrying about rape etc but they are inspiring to be brilliant. WTF?

I say boller is OK and I seem to have been slapped with some kind of short leash.

Care to explain?

Re: Moderator Explanation Please

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mista T.
    Do you see in the upper right hand corner of your post a green dot? If you put your mouse pointer over it says "Mista T is just starting out and intends to be a brilliant 24x7 member". its right under where it say:

If you do the same with mine you will see that it says "Hook is an unknown quantity at this point"

What gives? Thanks for taking the time to answer my question

Hey T, give Dingus some positive rep.

I think I know what the problem is.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

There Dingus, now it says you intend to be a brilliant contributer blah, blah, blah...

You didn't have any rep points and that's why it said you're an unknown.

Now I'm actually going to let this go without mocking yo... no I'm not.

Good call there Dingus. Way to go ahead and start assuming things without bothering to think things through.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Good call there Dingus. Way to go ahead and start assuming things without bothering to think things through
    listen Twong, Stienger was talking about putting me into some sort of ban/ignore list. I thought he did something to my account.

Thanks alot though

Sting is talking about the ignore list.

Left click on the USER CP button which is just above the reply button at the top left of the screen.

On the left hand side of that screen is a Miscellaneous list. The buddy/ignore list is there. I don't believe it does anything to your account except make all of your post blank to whoever put you on their list.
    ProFootballMock

Then this feature should be turned off in this forum. You have people fighting at the drop of a hat. I say Boller played "ok" and I'm mixing it up with some dude who life mission is to defend Boller. That's not a stretch from what I've seen and heard.

Not for nothing someone just tagged my reputation because of my last post.

listen Twong, Stienger was talking about putting me into some sort of ban/ignore list. I thought he did something to my account.

Thanks alot though
    This site may not be so good If some are aloud to say whatever they want and then others get tagged for defending themselves.

Blog Entries

The term "xxx is an unknown quantity at this point" is default vBulletin. We did not make it up. The reputation thing is for a laugh. It has no bearing on your membership, capabilities, posting rights. If you had the lowest possible reputation score, it would change nothing.

The reputation system is cleverly designed and to prevent abuse. Firstly, if someone wants to reduce your score, they have to have earned that right by others praising them. And, more importantly, once you have given or removed points from a particular person, you cannot do it again for a very long period of time. So one person cannot repeatedly remove points from another.

Again, it is simply a fun feature with no effect on your posting.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

I like the graphics and features of this site much better than YBR but the general mindset of this forum is you must be a huge Boller supporter or oblivious to his flaws, yet you are freely allowed to criticize any other player especially McNair!
    That is totally untrue, yet I don't doubt that you have deluded yourself into actually believing it.

So wait, is someone in here crying because I put them on my ignore list after they turned into a punk bitch? Is that what this thread is all about?

My goodness.

Are you by any chance calling me out of my name?(
    Umm, that made little sense but I can interpret it. And no, since I have actually read this thread, I am quite certain he was not referring to you.

Here's a friendly message board tip -- read all the messages in a thread before you make a comment like this, instead of just reading the ones you think have something to do with you (or Boller).