Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Culpepper Retires

I don't know about that Festivus.
    Cunningham was making granite countertops or something somewhere when we got him IIRC.
    I got to think somebody of that nature gets contacted by his agent when somebody comes calling.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Did anyone read his letter?

What a freakin baby that guy is.

Completely clueless too.

PP

"I would rather shut the door to such 'opportunity' than continue to wait for one of my fellow quarterbacks to suffer a serious injury. Since I was not given a fair chance to come in and compete for a job, I would rather move on and win in other arenas of life."

What a joke. And people wanted him here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic
    I think not having an agent represent him really did him in.
    I've heard this theory but I don't get it -- maybe agents would have a problem with Culpepper representing himself, but why would NFL front offices have a problem with it? If I were a GM, I'd rather deal with Culpepper than someone like Drew Rohsenhaus.

I don't think the problem was that he didn't have an agent, I think it was because teams just don't think he can play anymore. I do think he was a bit of a dope acting as his own agent, but I don't think that was why he couldn't get a QB gig.

Culpepper wanted to be a starting QB. He wasn't willing to be a backup. Both the Steelers and Packers offered him a spot as the backup. He could probably start for a few teams in the NFL. The only problem is that these teams are in rebuilding mode and don't want a 31 year old QB to build around.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Hey Rave,

How you doing?

That's what I've been saying and why I joked that we might only have 1 win. I got hit for that one.

Where's youre whereabouts lately or is that top secret.

What's up brother? I'm currently residing in Southern California (San Bernardino County).

And we'll definitely have more than 1 win, even if we have to suit up Gerg and put him behind center!

Staying physically fit is where it's at, dude... Glad to hear you are pursuing a healthy lifestyle, but don't forget about beer!

I wonder if he really will stay retired after Brady went down for the year today. I can't see Bellichek leaving them in Cassel's hands, maybe he has already reached out for him. He wanted to start & this could be his chance.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    I wonder if he really will stay retired after Brady went down for the year today. I can't see Bellichek leaving them in Cassel's hands, maybe he has already reached out for him. He wanted to start & this could be his chance.
    Interesting thought. Somehow I don't think Dante is the "type" of player Bellicheat wants in NE.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Wonder if the Pats will sign him now that Brady is gone for the year ??

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP
    He's rumored to be in NE today working out for Bellicheat.

He knows him from his Parcell days in NY.
    What? Chris Simms has spent his whole career in Tampa. Maybe Bellicheat knew Simms when he was a kid but that's probably about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Simms, anyone remember him?

He's rumored to be in NE today working out for Bellicheat.

He knows him from his Parcell days in NY.
    When Simms & Tim Rattay arrived in Boston yesterday, they were told that there was a change & they wouldn't be working out. So the Patriots flew them in & when they show up they tell them go away. Remember who wears #81 in NE & he is supposedly lobbying hard for his 1 time favorite QB to be signed. We'll see what happens but I still can't see BB leaving this team in Cassel's hands. He is not the type of QB for them IMHO.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!