Another former Raven comes home

The Baltimore Ravens have signed the following player:

Evan Oglesby (CB, 5-11, 188, 3rd-year, North Alabama) – Oglesby’s bio is on page 136 of the Dallas Cowboys’ media guide.

The Ravens have also waived the following player:

Anwar Phillips (CB, 6-0, 187, 1st-year, Penn State)

Re: Another former Raven comes home

That is a tough ride for Phillips. He went from cut at camp, to back and in the 53, likley going to play extensivly week one, to back on the street after the game plan practice.

I like the pick up though. I did not like to see Evan get cut last year. He outplayed the draft picks but got the axe anyway.

3. Re: Another former Raven comes home

That is GREAT news, I did not like seeng Evan get cut last year! I am glad we got him back!

i can not wait until Washington and Martin are back. Ogles had a moment or two, but overall he was bad.
    I live vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    That is a tough ride for Phillips. He went from cut at camp, to back and in the 53, likley going to play extensivly week one, to back on the street after the game plan practice.

I like the pick up though. I did not like to see Evan get cut last year. He outplayed the draft picks but got the axe anyway.
    Too bad some others can't be released in his place...

Don't you think there is a high probability that Oglesby is cut after game 1 when Martin and Washington come off of suspension? We'll have 55 on the roster at that time, with 13 in the secondary, seems a lock he goes right back out the door...

Blog Entries

I like the move.
    Anwar was raw, can't see teams lining up to grab him.
    Ogs should get into the system flow pretty quickly, since he is familiar with it.
    And it is insurance, while not super quality depth, we do now have 2 more CB we can reach for if injuries happen, besides the 2 suspension.
    Looks like when Anwar was given the roster spot, there was more going on than just holding it until the suspensions were over, he was also just holding it for a waiver cut if someone appeared who was better.
    Even if Ogs goes out the door after one game, he at least has a refresher course on the system if we need somebody in say Nov.