Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Exclamation I've Come to Terms with K. Boller

Kyle Boller is always going to be Kyle Boller...He'll have a couple of Boller moments:grbac: , and if they don't lose the game for us than I'll let Boller be Boller. He'll have his moments and all, he's a gamer and he's got guts! I like the kid and I can deal with his Boller moments if he keeps chuckin' the rock like he did against the Brownies! But I do think we have a better chance to go to the Superbowl this year with Steve McNair...I also have faith that Kyle can come in and do an admirable job if need be. He showed me sumpin' this past week ..I can see how Steve has had a positive effect on Kyle, there was a subtle difference in the pocket:ww:

Wink Re: I've Come to Terms with K. Boller

; however:

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot Ravenator View Post
    I can see how Steve has had a positive effect on Kyle, there was a subtle difference in the pocket:ww:
    I think the OL surrendering just 1/2 the sacks of the previous Ravens best may have a lot more to do with it.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: I've Come to Terms with K. Boller

Once he starts getting more snaps in practise he won't have all of those problems that he has in a game.

He is what he is.
    He will learn much from McNair about leadership too, you could see that going on sunday between them.
    One thing he will never be is boring.

That's true Pops.

Heck forget about Sundays, Boller provides fun through out the following week. I can promise you the two boards don't see nearly as much action if Boller doesn't play.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot Ravenator View Post
    I can see how Steve has had a positive effect on Kyle, there was a subtle difference in the pocket
    I might be mistaken, but it seemed to me that on the bomb to Williams, KB did a subtle, slight step up/forward in the pocket -- not necessarily as pronounced as McNair, but noticeable nonetheless -- that allowed him to execute better mechanics, and the results spoke -- quite nicely and loudly -- for themselves.

GO RAVENS!!!

I might be mistaken, but it seemed to me that on the bomb to Williams, KB did a subtle, slight step up/forward in the pocket -- not necessarily as pronounced as McNair, but noticeable nonetheless -- that allowed him to execute better mechanics, and the results spoke -- quite nicely and loudly -- for themselves.
    It might simply be the angle of the camera, but it looked a lot like a sidestep left, and then a step in throw.

I think the OL surrendering just 1/2 the sacks of the previous Ravens best may have a lot more to do with it.
    I said it in another thread. I have maintained all this time that when the offensive line simply does it's job, our QB's play better. Not just Boller, but McNair too. When you can protect the QB and give him time to throw and read, they tend to do better.

For Boller though T, you have to admit that having McNair here has had an effect on him. Someone to finally get with him on the field and explain or show him how to make those little sidesteps. Do you really think he was going to get some of the nuances of the NFL from Redman and Wright?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    It might simply be the angle of the camera, but it looked a lot like a sidestep left, and then a step in throw.
    You might be right. Like I said, it was not a classic step up into the pocket, but it seemed, at the same time, to be more "calm" and mechanically sound that I've seen before with KB. He hasn't been playing enough this year to really see him "in action", but from what I saw, there did seem to be some improvement. Yet, at the same time, those pesky little "Bollerisms" persisted as well.

I obviously don't have a crystal ball, but I would bet that he ends up a slightly better than average overall QB -- maybe starting, maybe perennial backup -- with moments of brilliance, brought down by an inability to achieve consistency throughout 4 quarters of a game, week in, and week out. His basic "wiring" just seems to be set on "hyperdrive", and that eventually is going to result in too many misfires to ever allow him to be a "great" QB, IMO. But he got us a win against the Browns, and he deserves props for that. I doubt that if Wright were still here, he could have come off the bench and done as good a job.

GO RAVENS!!!

Actually, it's very wierd depending on the camera angle. I'm watching the 30 minute replay I get from DirecTV. One looks like a sidestep, one looks like a forward step. Nick Eason comes around Heap and leapfrogs Mughelli on the way to Boller. The sideline camera makes it look like Boller takes a shuffle-step forward and launches the ball. When you look at the replay looking in from the defensive backfield, it looks like Boller slides to his left then throws the ball.

Either way, it's a departure from the "tuck and run" he would do at that point.

And that's really the bottom line -- that he did seem to show some improvement. The only real questions are: is it enough? At least for Sunday, it was enough. And with McNair back on Sunday, KB should be enough in his current role. Beyond that...honestly...I don't know if anybody really knows the answer to that question. One can only look at the past, compare it to the present, and try, within reason, to forumlate SOME sense of what the future might hold. I just hope that however it plays out, it works out OK for the Ravens and for KB. From what I saw on Sunday, I was satisfied that we didn't fight to keep Derek Anderson. But he seems to have found a spot in Cleveland -- at least for now -- so that is an example of things working out for both parties.

GO RAVENS!!!

There is another aspect to think about. I've thought about McNair's influence. But also, I've listened to Trevor Pryce, Derrick Mason, D-Will, and a lot of quotes from teammates who according to locker room reporter types, have gained new confidence in him. He came in and won a game that clinched the playoffs for the Ravens. Maybe that throws something into that hyper noggin of his. It was an important game, and he stepped up. Maybe that means something.

Who knows. But I'll say this. I'm MUCH happier with McNair/Boller than I am with Boller/Wright. That's for damn sure.

TRAP wrote(in part):
    Hell, I even want them to start Boller Sunday to let the wound properly heal.
    I'd be willing to listen to this argument, provided Kyle were playing at home. His home/away win % differential is extraordinary.

BS