Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Three Point Underdogs Against the Squeelers??

I know that this is just for the odds makers, but if I am Brian Billick, I'm pasting this HUGE on the bulletin board as soon as you walk into the facility, "They think that they're better than us"! I'm also calling players on my spare time reminding them that we are 11-3 and Pissburgh is 7-7 and they are better than us???
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 12-19-2006 at 10:43 PM.

Re: Three Point Underdogs Against the Squeelers??

Well they ARE 5-1 in their last 6 games, and they're at home, so you can bet a lot of idiots will bet against us

Three point underdogs away should put us about even with them. They are getting hot again, and it's another game we can't sleep on.

well you have the 3 point home field advantage so i gotta say that i can't ask for more against the steelers since this is the odds makers making this up.

Pittsburgh is still a difficult place to win. I'm not surprised.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

No respect I tell you, even from the betters. :insane:

It's amazing to hear all the "interpretations" (i.e. rationalizations) on this one. Get real, peeps. We're FOUR FULL GAMES AHEAD OF THEM. WE'VE CLINCHED THE AFC NORTH DIVISIONAL TITLE, and they're PRAYING for a MIRACLE to get a wild card. They've beaten up on CRAP teams. WE TOTALLY DEMOLISHED THEM THE LAST TIME WE MET. This is patently absurd, ANY WAY YOU SLICE IT. GET REAL, Ravens fans. You do NOT have to buy into all this CRAP. We are a better team than the Steelers HERE, THERE, or ANYWHERE. With Hines Ward; without Hines Ward. On a Sunday. A Thursday. A hoilday. A jolly day. With a cat. Without a hat. With a Seus. Or with a moose.

Man....this town needs some major REALITY ORIENTATION. Stop playing the perennial victim/underdog. Unless BB chooses to play this as a semi-bye week (which, btw, I'm not opposed to), WE WIN. End of Story. Game over. Lights out.

But there are always gonna be those who run around wailing: "Oh...THIS TEAM SCARES ME", even when it's only the ever-lovin Little Sisters of the Poor.

Like they used to say about Earl Weaver: "He wasn't happy unless he was unhappy". Some folks here just aren't happy unless they have something to worry about.

GO RAVENS!!!

With respect skay, anytime you start looking past another team, they will beat you. Pittsburgh like it or not is coming off a 5-1 run. One of those teams being the Saints and Drew Brees.

If this game means anything to Baltimore's chances of home field, then you don't overlook going into Hinez Field and playing a physical Steeler team that wants revenge for that beatdown here. Just like Cincy wanted it against us after we beat them here too, and got it, and kept us from clinching the division then.

They would like nothing more than to spoil any momentum we are going to carry into the playoffs. So I am not sleeping on the Steelers unless the Ravens don't care and will be sleeping on them.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    With respect skay, anytime you start looking past another team, they will beat you. Pittsburgh like it or not is coming off a 5-1 run. One of those teams being the Saints and Drew Brees.

If this game means anything to Baltimore's chances of home field, then you don't overlook going into Hinez Field and playing a physical Steeler team that wants revenge for that beatdown here. Just like Cincy wanted it against us after we beat them here too, and got it, and kept us from clinching the division then.

They would like nothing more than to spoil any momentum we are going to carry into the playoffs. So I am not sleeping on the Steelers unless the Ravens don't care and will be sleeping on them.
    Who's talking about looking past anyone or anything? I'm talking about LOOKING AT REALITY! Where were you while we were beating KC at home? I'm talking about looking at OUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS, not how the media portrays us. Didn't WE ALSO beat New Orleans? So how is what I'm describing in any way "looking past" Pittsburgh?

I'm talking about this ridiculous habit that pops up week after week where Ravens fans start their neurotic, LET'S WORRY ABOUT THIS NOW threads. I, for one, am tired of all that negative crap. But that has nothing whatsoever to do with looking past the Steelers. They are a team in disarray, and we ought to put their lights out. Period. If we can't, then we're not the team I know the Ravens to be. And in my mind, there's not even a question as to whether or not we will beat them. What I'm saying is all this worry-wort chit has less to do with the Ravens team, and more to do with issues originating with Ravens fans.

GO RAVENS!!!

I'm talking about LOOKING AT REALITY!
    So am I. Against Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh is not an easy or automatic victory.

Where were you while we were beating KC at home?
    Sitting on the couch watching the game??

'm talking about looking at OUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS, not how the media portrays us.
    When did I say anything about the way the media portrays us? I don't care how the media portrays us. I care about the Ravens.

Didn't WE ALSO beat New Orleans?
    Yes, and that means...........

They are a team in disarray, and we ought to put their lights out.
    How does a team in disarray win 5 out of their last 6 games? The New York Giants are in disarray (much to my delight BTW). Pittsburgh WAS in disarray. They aren't right now.

And in my mind, there's not even a question as to whether or not we will beat them.
    And I respect that. But I'm also not buying that that we're just going to walk into Hinez and beat them the way we did when they were here. This game is going to be a fight.

What I'm saying is all this worry-wort chit has less to do with the Ravens team, and more to do with issues originating with Ravens fans.
    What issues? I believe everyone in this room wants us to go 13-3 right now.

Stinger, if you can look at a 7-7 team, and honestly believe that they deserve to be a 3 point favorite when playing an 11-3, divisonal winning team, then you and I are simply going to agree to disagree on this one.

GO RAVENS!!!

I understand your point skay. But all I am saying is that 7-7 team was 4-6 when they came to Baltimore. They won three straight since then.

And three points is in their house. That's not a killer by any means.