Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Three Point Underdogs Against the Squeelers??

Pittsburg at home is ALWAYS dangerous. Since we humiliated them a few weeks ago, they'll be even hungrier. Since they're trying to stay alive, that just adds to it too.
    Should we beat them? Absolutley! Is it a done deal? Not even close!

Re: Three Point Underdogs Against the Squeelers??

Skay, if this were college football I would say you have a point. But NFL teams are pretty evenly matched talent-wise, and on any given Sunday, the worst team can beat the best.

JAX has been beaten by Houston this year...TWICE.

Pittsburg is fighting for their playoff lives, and we have a home playoff game just locked up. The motivation factor, combined with the home field, combined with the fact that we took them to the woodshed last time, works against us. That's a fact.

Will the Ravens win? I hope so, I think they should, but it ain't gonna be 27-0.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

All I can say is everyone who thinks a better record equates into a "should-win" here must only watch Ravens games...The Titans are on a 5 game winning streak having knocked off the Colts, Jags, and Philly along the way- all with better records.The BUCS should have beat the Bears last week and the Redskins beat the Saints at home...
    Not to mention our secondary is banged up bad and Big Ben is starting to be consistent with his game...And, betting lines reflects how the house thinks the public will bet...I can assure you it will not be 3 points by Sunday- if anything it will go up because we have never swept the season series with the Steelers- they swept it back in 2002...and 3 points for a road team is standard so what they are saying is we are even which considering all the injuries we have and I suspect slight speculation that Boller will be under center, the line is, I think fair. But why complain???? Bet the HOUSE on the Ravens and take the points-- its a win-win baby.

It's a matter of respect, jbecks307. And the Ravens seem to get dissed more than just about any other team in the league, maybe not from the straight Vegas betting line, but by the so-called "pundits". But be that as it may...
    1. I like your idea
    2. I honestly think that for some reason, the Ravens play better/respond better when they're pegged as the underdog rather than the front runner.

So either way, as you said, it's a WIN-WIN, baby!

GO RAVENS!!!

All I can say is "pundits" don't know anything and the more they pick against us the more confident I feel...I recall back in 2001, not one "expert" picked us to win any of the playoff games on our way to winning the SB...Mike Ditka was particularly harsh...And Skay, Im totally with you- this team is way better when we feel disrespected, I can recall the start of least year, with Super Bowl talk and blah blah...and we saw how that ended up...I like this Ravens team a lot and I like it even more with a chip on their shoulder. If you can find me 3 "experts" or "pundits" worth my time...please, pass them along.

BTW, I want to clarify. I don't think the Ravens are going to lose this game Sunday. I just don't think we walk into their house and have sex with their sisters out on the field. I think this will be a hard fought physical football game. Steelers may be playing for pride at this point, but I guarantee knowing that team they are still pissed about the whipping we put on them at M&T.

In the end I personally feel this game is going to be won or lost on the defensive line. We stop Willie Parker, it won't be long before Benjamin starts throwing picks. But if they start converting 3rd downs a lot, that's going to be a problem.

Skay, you really seem to have a bug up your ass about the point spread on this game. I don't see the problem. I understand the spread -- the Steelers have won five of their past six, and last week they demolished a Carolina team that we lost to at home. I just don't see this as a sign of disrespect like you obviously do.

And I don't have a problem at all being the underdog -- we were three point dogs at Kansas City and how did that turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    BTW, I want to clarify. I don't think the Ravens are going to lose this game Sunday. I just don't think we walk into their house and have sex with their sisters out on the field.

Really??!!!

(That's sure not what the guy said when he sold me his ticket to the game on Sunday...

...DAMN IT...)

GO RAVENS!!!

Now, if that really happened, I am thinking PPV. :D

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Skay, you really seem to have a bug up your ass about the point spread on this game.
    Moi?

GO RAVENS!!!

I put a unit on the Ravens +3.5 and the under 36.5 for this weekend for a couple reasons...

1) I look for covers with the O/U. Who do I think will cover and what do I think has to happen if they don't. Here, I think that for the Steelers to cover the spread, they must completely shut down our O and not let our D score, and I don't think our D will allow them to score more than 21. 21-17 is the only score I worry about, hence the U off-sets my risk with Ravens to cover.

2) I also think it goes Ravens cover + U a LOT more than Steelers cover + O (should go without saying, but I expect to win two a good bit more than I lose two...far more than enough to cover the vig).

3) Home field is usually 3 points. I think it's nuts to think that any 7-7 team vs. an 11-3 team can be even money on a neutral field, especially when that 7-7 team played that 11-3 team earlier in the year and got absolutely obliterated.

The Steelers are 3-0 in their last three and 5-1 their last six (all three teams they beat suck, BTW). But we're chopped liver? We've won two straight including a tough one @ KC and are 7-1 our last eight.

That line just doesn't seem right to me. I love that it's +3.5 and not +2.5 cause I think this one could easily come down to a FG at the last second, either way. The only thing that concerns me is how many won't play. If 3 of our injured 6 sit out, then I don't think there's much if any EV+ here. But I expect our D to shut down their run game, and Ben hasn't been a good passer when forced to throw a lot.

- C -

The three points is only a home field amount given.