I have seen the light

It all makes sense now. I have been racking my brain as to what does McCain see in Palin? There have been theories that this is a Rovian trojan horse of some kind but I don't think it is that complicated. Really I think it is clear now.

First of all, kick ass speech by her, right? Can't deny that..home run and all that stuff. Riled up the biblicals all across the nation and solidified that base. The lil' hockey mom from Wasilla.

But why her?

I mean most of what she has said has been fairly untrue. The big stuff that is.

A "reformer" that doesn't believe earmarks. Well, per-capita earmark average across the nation is $51.19, State of Arizona $18.70. state of Alaska $506.34 and lil' home town of Wasilla (little grin and giggle..hee hee) a whopping $1000.00. She likes her earmarks.

The lie about the bridge to no where which we all know about by now. Supported it until she was told it would be a good political move to not support it and then "I told them to keep their money" hee hee giggle giggle. Except I kept it myself and am now planning on building a bridge to ....drum roll....Wasilla for a price tag of up to $1.5 billion. Yep called "Don Young's Way" Actually hired Stevens' chief of staff to get the money - real reformer there.

The whole issue with abuse of power and how she was going to clean up the old boys netork. Well, after I try to get my brother in law fired first...he he he giggle giggle. Of course everyone that would speak on the case has been shushed until November....convenient.

As it turns out she didn't even sell the plane on Ebay. They sold privately for a loss.

And there is more but no need to go on.

The real issue is the process that is happening and this is where it gets interesting. There is no way the republicans can release this women to the press...she will be seen as the fraud that she is so how do they "protect' her. Well there are two things the republicans can always rely on to get elected; 1. Fear 2. liberal media.

"The media is being unfair" "the librul media" so on and so forth. SO...As of today, Ms. Palin will not be available to any media. Fucking Brilliant! The real cone of silence. They have her "quarantined" from the press because the press is just to mean to her. Hopefully those guys who fly planes into our buildings will be so accomodating to our "hockey mom". Imagine the reaction if Biden was silenced from the media????

I started looking into her credentials and she has only an undergrad degree in communications and it took several schools for her to get it. She was runner up in Ms. Alasksa beauty pageant. The one thing she can do is give a public speech....if well scripted that is.

Boom! It makes sense now. A lackey communications major with beauty pageant experience...frame her as some maverick reformer and give her scripted speeches. Fucking brilliant!!! Really. And create reasons for press to become inquisitive (ie.. prego 17 year old daughter)...exploit it by showing her off everywhere...frame the press as intrusive and unfair and rally the troops to prohibit press interaction. She will never have to answer to her record.

So we will have a ticket of a 72 year old washed up wannabe "maverick" (I can only bring up cheesy images of Top Gun every time I hear that) and a fucking runner up in a remote states beauty fucking pageant as a V.P.

Unreal. It makes sense to me now. It had to be Rove...he is a genius.

Yeah I am pissed and all bent out of shape because this is what our country has become. All of those froth in the mouth biblethumping conservatives at the RNC buy it hook line and sinker. The polls will be flat even. The race has been redefined by a runner up in a beauty pageant. The irony of it all.. I remember the Paris Hilton ads.

Re: I have seen the light

Funny you mention all fo that.
    Obama and Biden voted FOR the "Bridge to Nowhere".
    I've never seen a plane that was sold for a profit... I'm sure the loss was less then the operating costs however.

Good spin post however.

And Obama is nothing but a Toastmaster President. I mean seriously, WHAT has he done? Has he ever led anything? What does he bring to the table but undefined "change" and a lot more taxes?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

As it turns out she didn't even sell the plane on Ebay. They sold privately for a loss.
    If you buy something new, then sell it, you will lose money. She did NOT buy it new, but she did sell it to recoup what she could from the wasteful spending and as noted, saved the state the operating and upkeep costs which are very high on that aircraft.

She put it on ebay and didn't get the price they wanted so they sold it privately, so what.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If you buy something new, then sell it, you will lose money. She did NOT buy it new, but she did sell it to recoup what she could from the wasteful spending and as noted, saved the state the operating and upkeep costs which are very high on that aircraft.

She put it on ebay and didn't get the price they wanted so they sold it privately, so what.
    Then she should say it like it is and not lie and or embellish on nearly everything she says.

In fact she should actually be available for interviews but it is going to take the campaign a while to figure out how to wiggle her out of her lies on the earmarks, bridges, taxes and planes.

I have never seen something so mocking of american intelligence in my life. American Idol has become American Reality.

I believe her words were "I even put the plane on ebay".

Putting it on ebay does not equal selling it via ebay.

That aside, how desperate is the left getting if their mincing words regarding if she sold something on ebay or not?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I believe her words were "I even put the plane on ebay".

Putting it on ebay does not equal selling it via ebay.

That aside, how desperate is the left getting if their mincing words regarding if she sold something on ebay or not?!?!?
    Her words were, "I even put the plane one Ebay and sold it for a profit" Its not that statement alone which is troublesome and it is the whole package of Sarah Palin which is troublesome.

She creates this image of someone who is against everything that is governement when it fact, when you look at her record, she is everything that she speaks so adamantly against.

In the end she was a desperate choice that has worked wonders for Mccain because people like yourself just hate Obama so much that Larry, Moe and Curley could have gotten up there and given the canned republican speech about no more taxes, no federal funding no more killing innocent babies and also I sold a plane on Ebay for a profit and you would have been hooked.

Obama will hopefully steer the issue to where it needs to be in that Mccain has once again shown reckless and impulsive decision making in the pick of Palin and her American Idol run will be over. Until then have at it but don't accuse of the left of somehow being the dumb ones here. The woman can't even field questions from the media. Nice gaffe yesterday on the housing problem. I am sure they will retrain her on those potential questions. Yeah she is ready to lead as long as no one wants to ask her anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Her words were, "I even put the plane one Ebay and sold it for a profit" Its not that statement alone which is troublesome and it is the whole package of Sarah Palin which is troublesome.

She creates this image of someone who is against everything that is governement when it fact, when you look at her record, she is everything that she speaks so adamantly against.

In the end she was a desperate choice that has worked wonders for Mccain because people like yourself just hate Obama so much that Larry, Moe and Curley could have gotten up there and given the canned republican speech about no more taxes, no federal funding no more killing innocent babies and also I sold a plane on Ebay for a profit and you would have been hooked.

Obama will hopefully steer the issue to where it needs to be in that Mccain has once again shown reckless and impulsive decision making in the pick of Palin and her American Idol run will be over. Until then have at it but don't accuse of the left of somehow being the dumb ones here. The woman can't even field questions from the media. Nice gaffe yesterday on the housing problem. I am sure they will retrain her on those potential questions. Yeah she is ready to lead as long as no one wants to ask her anything.
    BUllshit! She said "I put it on Ebay", she didn't say "and sold it for a profit". You still haven't said what makes Obama worthy of being president.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac View Post
    BUllshit! She said "I put it on Ebay", she didn't say "and sold it for a profit". You still haven't said what makes Obama worthy of being president.
    I would be more than happy to write about why Obama is not just a worthy pick but better pick if I thought you or anyone else on this board would really read my position. MY ideas have been all over these boards as it is. From the last 8 years being the worst in my lifetime, Mccain and Palin running on zero issues, and my personal international experience which has allowed me to see the US from an objective view...and that doesn't even touch on the more reality based, compassionate and change-oriented gears of Obama which in and of itself, would have me voting Obama.

Well, then vote for Obama. That is the great thing about this country. You get to help make the change. I am undecided, but currently leaning towards McCain. I spend a LOT of time looking at the two candidates voting records. That is what I will base my vote on. That and the upcoming debates. I know where the two candidates stand based on voting record. However, I have not written Obama off. Do not take my criticism of Obama in the "teen pregnancy" thread as a cast-off. He still has time to try to win my vote.

I believe that claiming that McCain is the same as Bush is categorically incorrect.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I From the last 8 years being the worst in my lifetime, Mccain and Palin running on zero issues,

Woah? McCain/Palin are running on zero issues? Obama is running on STRICTLY a smear campaign. The guy hasn't put an original thought out there, except the ridiculous notion that we are all going to get free healthcare and free college and only those that make over $250k are going to pay for the rest of us....

Okay, now I don't care who you are... that was funny.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!