Injury Report: Ravens v. Bengals (9/7/08)

CINCINNATI BENGALS

OUT

FB Jeremi Johnson (knee)
    S Chinedum Ndukwe (knee)
    DT Pat Sims (toe)

DOUBTFUL

DE Jonathan Fanene (illness)

QUESTIONABLE

WR Andre Caldwell (toe)
    LB Brandon Johnson (hamstring)

PROBABLE

WR Chad Johnson (shoulder)
    QB Carson Palmer (nose)

BALTIMORE RAVENS

DOUBTFUL

DT Kelly Gregg (knee)
    QB Troy Smith (illness)

QUESTIONABLE

TE Todd Heap (knee)
    RB Willis McGahee (knee)
    S Ed Reed (neck)

Re: Injury Report: Ravens v. Bengals (9/7/08)

No CMac is encouraging.

And Heap picks up right where he left off - listed as questionable.

Blog Entries

While I'd rather have our normal starters, I'm not as concerned with our injuries...

Gregg is replaced by Bannan, who is frankly a beast and would start on many other teams.

Heap is replaced by Wilcox, who is not Todd Heap, but has some value in the passing game

Reed is replaced by Jim Leonhard, who has shown a penchant for making plays. Granted, he'll never be Ed Reed good, but him and Zbikowski AND Nakamura should be pretty good in replacing him

McGahee gives way to Rice...I think the preseason stats speak for themselves. I'm almost excited to see the kid get a chance to start.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Gregg concerns me too. The Sun said this tday :

According to Gregg, he has been swimming as much as Michael Phelps to rehab, and he sleeps at night with an electronic device shooting impulses through his knee.

But nothing can settle his knee down and reduce the swelling. It's looking more and more likely that he won't be able to play Sunday against the Bengals.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...lly_gregg.html
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    While I'd rather have our normal starters, I'm not as concerned with our injuries...

Gregg is replaced by Bannan, who is frankly a beast and would start on many other teams.

Heap is replaced by Wilcox, who is not Todd Heap, but has some value in the passing game

Reed is replaced by Jim Leonhard, who has shown a penchant for making plays. Granted, he'll never be Ed Reed good, but him and Zbikowski AND Nakamura should be pretty good in replacing him

McGahee gives way to Rice...I think the preseason stats speak for themselves. I'm almost excited to see the kid get a chance to start.
    The only good thing about the injuries last year was all the reps the backups got. The Ravens should be much better prepared for the injuries to these guys this season, but I think any real hope at a good record hinges on the health of our big 3 in the secondary. With a healthy Reed, C Mack and Rolle, there is no where to hide, no where to run and no where to throw.

I know better then this ....

I got burned last year by drafting Heap in one of my FFL's ... now he's doing it to me again! UGH!

I certainly hope he can start.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    CINCINNATI BENGALS
    PROBABLE

WR Chad Johnson (shoulder)
    Who?

You mean Chad Ocho-Cinco?

- C -

my gut tells me reed is gonna play on sunday.

as for mcgahee i question his heart and his drive sometimes but damn do i see alot of ability in him.

then there's heap.i just think he is softer then a cookie coming right out of the oven.i am not his biggest fan.

I think that come Sunday Reed, Cmac and Heap are gonna play. Gregg will be good for the next 15. I also think on Sunday we are gonna beat these over confident Bungles and show the world the the Ravens are hungry and pissed off at everyone saying we suck. FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!!
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    my gut tells me reed is gonna play on sunday.

as for mcgahee i question his heart and his drive sometimes but damn do i see alot of ability in him.

then there's heap.i just think he is softer then a cookie coming right out of the oven.i am not his biggest fan.
    I agree with the Heap assessment. When the guy is healthy, he is a dangerous weapon. The problem is... he is never healthy.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I personally don't see Reed/Kelly playing.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998