Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Bouman finally signed - Boller on IR

I'll miss Bollers character... mostly off the field.

Here's to the JFlac era.. may it start with as few big hits and INTs as possible.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

I personally feel bad for Kyle's luck and ashamed by all of the things he put up with in this city, from the expectations of a 1st round pick with no weapons or protection, to the booing, and cheering his injuries.

Ozzie pushed him out the door without a parachute, especially with the garbage he signed to block in the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I really don't expect much from Flacco this year. He'll prolly have very pedestrian stats, maybe even throw more pickles than TD's. I'm OK with that as long as he is showing progress week-to-week.

If he puts up 20 TD's with 20 picks, that would be excellent in my book...what do you guys think? To me, that means he's at least trying and they are seeing what he can do early....
    Of course, I'd like to see Flacco develop from week-to-week, regardless of what the stats are, but I'd be happy with these stats.

Against the Bengals:

-completes no less than 55% of his throws
    -has above a 6.0 average per attempt
    -throw for a TD/lead the Ravens to two TDs
    -throw for more than 175 yrds
    -no more than 2 sacks (which he can control to a degree)
    -no more than one turnover (includes fumbles and INTs)

If Flacco starts for the year against this schedule:
    -3,000 yrds passing
    -56% completions
    ->6.0 per attempt
    -16TDs, 15 INTs

If he put up those numbers, chances are that his development will be just fine.

Here's the official press release:

The Baltimore Ravens have placed the following player on Injured Reserve:

Kyle Boller (QB, 6-3, 220, 6th-year, California) - Shoulder

The Ravens have also signed the following player:

Todd Bouman (QB, 6-2, 226, 10th-year, St. Could State)

Bouman’s bio is attached below:

TODD BOUMAN
    No. 2
    Quarterback
    Years in NFL – 10
    HT: 6-2 WT: 226
    St. Cloud State
    High School: Russell Tyler-Ruthton (Ruthton, MN)
    Born 8/1/72, Ruthton, MN
    Joined Ravens: Free Agent, 2008

Bouman's bio is HERE

I'm afraid that with a rookie at QB and a shakey offense as a whole, the learning curve will cause us to accumilate too many 3-and-outs and turnovers during the first half of the season for our aging defense to remain strong over the long haul.

Hope I'm sooooooooo wrong about that though...

UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    All the Boller haters can now throw your happy party
    I am sure there are some who are happy Kyle will not be taking snaps this year. I for one hope he goes elsewhere and does well (except for when he plays the Ravens). I have been a Boller supporter and always will be. He has been a class act from day one. He has taken a pounding from the media (one Sun Know it all in particular), from the fans who once booed when he got hurt, and from some of his own team mates but always took the high road. Get well soon Kyle, good luck. He is a tough kid who always came back for more.

Boller was afforded every opportunity to succeed on this team and in this town. He's hasnt left Baltimore so don't say your goodbyes just yet. This guy has more lives than a cat.

I am sure there are some who are happy Kyle will not be taking snaps this year.
    I would think the majority of the fans feel that way but I dont think they wanted to see it happen this way.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I was at the infamous Indianapolis game where Boller was injured. I for one was completely disgusted at the losers cheering that he got hurt...just have Wright take snaps (yuk). I think he is a decent backup for the NFL as he has the occasional good game, see the New England game last year, and in my opinion does better off the bench anyway for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Boller was afforded every opportunity to succeed on this team and in this town.
    Hell yeah he was. Just look back these last couple of years, and think of all those future hall of fame receivers.....um...well...there was...ya know...that one guy...then there was...ok...so the WR position wasn't that great...just think of the offense game plan put together by the Greatest Offensive Mind of the decade....run 3 times and punt...G*ddamn genius is what that was... Oooohhh..better yet think of the great blocking he always got....dude was given what....at least 2-3 milliseconds on each snap to make a decision and get rid of the ball....hell...give me as much time as KB had back there, game after game, and I could put up his numbers too.

Ok, back to reality. Look, I do think KB's time had come to forget about starting here, and I do think he was drafted WAAAYYYY too high, but, the guy did everything he could to try and succeed, given his ability and his surrounding cast. There are few, QB's in this league that would take the pounding he did, the abuse he did, and still give 100% everytime out there. Is it his fault that his 100% may not be starting QB material?? Nope. Just because a team reaches in the draft to get you in the first round, and you don't turn out to be Joe Montana JR. doesn't make you a bust...just the F.O.'s decision to grab you is a bust. Say what you will about his abilities and success here, but don't kid youself about his being given EVERY chance to succeed.
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

Starting a rookie QB with Boller's intermediate potential behind the O-lines we've fielded and providing him with receiving options like Travis Taylor and other guys currently out of the league selling real estate for a living was the ultimate formula for his failure.

Is there a wonder we have yet to produce a home-grown Pro-Bowl QB in the entire 12 years we've been a franchise?

UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!

Hell yeah he was. Just look back these last couple of years, and think of all those future hall of fame receivers.
    Well you're clearly a kyle boller apologist. Kyle was able to start for a few years and was given every chance to start. Except when a real qb came on board. Bollwer was given the same weapons as steve mcnair and Steve was able to stear the team to a 13-3 record. On the other hand boller wasnt able to do much with what he had in front of him.

just think of the offense game plan put together by the Greatest Offensive Mind of the decade....run 3 times and punt...G*ddamn genius is what that was...
    Trent was able to do well with that formula. shit that offensive mind won a Superbowl. You cant take that away.

Kyle is a good kid but he just never got it. I dont think he ever will.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Well you're clearly a kyle boller apologist. Kyle was able to start for a few years and was given every chance to start. Except when a real qb came on board. Bollwer was given the same weapons as steve mcnair and Steve was able to stear the team to a 13-3 record. On the other hand boller wasnt able to do much with what he had in front of him.

Trent was able to do well with that formula. shit that offensive mind won a Superbowl. You cant take that away.

Kyle is a good kid but he just never got it. I dont think he ever will.
    Kyle never really had a chance to put up monster numbers in the Billick system. If he played in AZ or Detroit, he most likley would have been the same QB, but he would have had a lot more 300 yard games and a lot more TDs.
    Billick never took many shots downfeild and he played for FGs. That was not a bad idea with the defense we had and lack of weapons on O, but on a different team that had no defense and top nothch WRs I can see Kyle having a decent fantasy season or two along the way.

He really is not as bad as he is made out to be, just not nearly good enough to be good franchise QB. He will be a better than avaerge back up for a long time I think, and I would like to see him get another shot here next year for the vet minimum.