Thread: Greg Montgomery

Greg Montgomery

Im currently watching the 1997 Philadelphia at Ravens game. The only tie in Ravens history. They mentioned that Montgomery was the only punter not to have a touchback that season.

So why did we get rid of him after that season?

Re: Greg Montgomery

Wasn't it a salary cap move & Kyle Richardson took his spot. It was a training camp battle & he was on the final cuts. They were even in camp & preseason. Of course maybe my memory has gone in the past 10 years.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Montgomery was nuttier than a fruitcake, maybe that had something to do with it.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

He and Stover were polar opposites but worked well together. He was a trip.

Montgomery is actually Bi Polar. He used to have his fingernails painted black, he was just a crazy guy & if I remember correctly, he liked to hit.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Ravens and Eagles, Memorial Stadium, 1997. Boy does that game bring back memories. Upper Section 4 I was involved in my biggest fight ever there. My nephew still reminds me of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfanmike View Post
    Ravens and Eagles, Memorial Stadium, 1997. Boy does that game bring back memories. Upper Section 4 I was involved in my biggest fight ever there. My nephew still reminds me of it.
    I do remember the fight. I was sitting in the upper deck. Some idiot Eagles fan kicked a Baltimore City cop down the stairs. Within 30 seconds about 30 cops came up and took 50 or so people out.