Starters: J.O., AD and Ed Reed

Subs: CMac, Terrell Suggs

Alternates: Ray Lewis, Todd Heap, Matt Stover, Gary Stills
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Ravens Pro Bowlers

Ray as an alternate is pretty shocking.

Stills got robbed, damnit!

Pryce not even being an alternate is simply insane.

my biggest complaint is where is Bart Scott and Trevor Pryce. I would have liked to see good ole Buddy Lee also but the first two are the most shocking to me.

Just goes to show you that the whole Pro-Bowl thing is a joke and nothing but a popularity contest! There is no way they could leave Bart Scott, Trevor Pryce, and Kelly Gregg off of a real Pro-Bowl Team! And Gary Stills as an alternate is absurd!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Kelly Gregg should definitely be going. He's a plugger in the middle...doesn't get nearly enough credit for what he does. Stills got screwed too.

Ray, Scott, and Pryce could have complaints, but it's tough to say they deserve going over someone else who's going in their place. FWIW, Scott's up against some real tough competition. Imagine what the league would say if we sent three OLBs to the Pro Bowl...

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Ray, Scott, and Pryce could have complaints, but it's tough to say they deserve going over someone else who's going in their place. FWIW, Scott's up against some real tough competition. Imagine what the league would say if we sent three OLBs to the Pro Bowl...
    - C -
    On the ballot, the Ravens were listed in a 3-4 defense, so Pryce was listed as as an interior lineman (and I easily would have knocked off both Hampton and Seymour for him), while Scott was listed as an ILB along with Ray. Lewis not making the Pro Bowl because of Zach Thomas leaves a bitter taste, as does Stills not making it.

Oh, and though second alternates weren't announced, I suspect that McNair was the the second alternate at QB in the AFC.

Players suspended for steroid abuse should not be going to the Probowl. Suggs should be a starter.

I'd be much happier seeing Scott, Pryce, and Gregg go than both Suggs and Reed.

Ray as an alternate is a "whatever" to me.

Heap should go over Gonzalez IMO.

Casey Hampton over Gregg?

Pryce is tied for 3rd in the NFL in sacks and has been playing out of his mind lately.

The worst part is that the fans are only 1/3 of the vote, not all of it.

PP

Pryce should be a reserve DE. Gregg without a doubt should be in front of Hampton. Pryce could make that argument as well, but Gregg is a factor on almost every defensive play. Pryce makes impact plays, but Gregg plays well all the time.

Stills not going is a joke.

Heap over Gonzo? No...I don't think so. Both are good blockers. Gonzo leads his team in receptions and his YPC is 2 higher than Heap with almost an equal number of TDs, in one fewer game.

Scott. Great LB. No way on earth he should be going over Merriman.

- C -

Yea, Im OK with Gonzalez over Heap I guess. Leading his team isn't really a factor to me because he's their only legit target. That helps his numbers but also shows that he can make plays while being doubled alot.

But it's a toss up IMO.

Listening to the radio today made me laugh.

You'd think the Ravens just got knocked out of the playoffs or something. People completely freaking out over our pro bowl snubs.

I'd be willing to bet that 80% of those people don't even watch the game.

PP

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Scott. Great LB. No way on earth he should be going over Merriman.
    Disagree, juice monkeys shouldn't go. He was obviously on the juice earlier in the season and he should sit it out. There should be no awards such as DPOY or MVP nor should Pro Bowl honors be bestowed on somebody who has cheated.