I know the Film Study Guy on this site follows Football Outsiders, but I haven't seen too many people discussing their predictions on this site. (I'm sure somebody has, but I just haven't come across the discussion.) I suggest that you start b/c Football Outsiders are predicting that the Ravens will make the playoffs with a 9-7 record this year.

For those of you who don't know, Football Outsiders are to football what Bill James is to baseball. In other words, they crunch numbers and from them, make predictions about teams and individual players. They have come up with, for example, the Curse of the 370 Carries theory, which says that RBs who carry the ball more than 370 times in a season are usually no more good (or not good for a couple of years b/c of the beating that comes with carrying the ball so much). See Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander.

Football Outsiders predict that the Ravens will win with a 9-7 record mainly because they have an easier schedule than the Steelers. The Ravens play the Dolphins and Raiders, while the Steelers play the Pats and Chargers.

If you go to ESPN's homepage, look under "Bill Simmons" picture, and click on his "BS Report" to hear some of their NFL predictions this year, including what they had to say about the Ravens.